Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, and Sydney. As of June 30, 2023, the firm managed approximately US$99 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.Position Overview:
We are looking for a senior quantitative developer to work in collaboration with the Research, Portfolio Management and Data teams to develop and implement new models, architect solutions, and build powerful analytic tools. This is an exceptional opportunity to help build out alpha, risk, transaction cost and portfolio analysis systems at Acadian as part of an entrepreneurial team. The successful candidate will be integral to developing the platform and infrastructure for quantitative models used in Acadian's equity products. As a member of the investment team, this person will closely collaborate with PMs, quantitative researchers and integration analysts.
Acadian supports a hybrid work environment, employees are on-site in the Boston office 3 days a week.What You'll Do:
We're Looking for Teammates With:
- Lead and participate the efforts to build, validate and enhance Acadian's proprietary forecast, risk, transaction cost and attribution models.
- Implement, enhance and support Acadian's data platform and modeling infrastructure.
- Apply advanced algorithms and machine learning techniques from the field of quantitative finance, computational science, etc. to assist in the research of economic and financial variables.
- Work with quantitative portfolio managers to build tools and software libraries to advance analytics platforms using machine learning techniques.
- Build systems to gather, cleanse and integrate data from various sources for research and modelling needs.
Why Work Here:
- Graduate degree with an outstanding academic record in a technical field such as science, engineering or mathematics, with 5+ years of experience as a developer for an investment firm. Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of experience. CFA charter is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience to carry out large scale software development project independently, coordinate efforts among colleagues, and manage schedule to ensure high quality on-time deliveries.
- Hands on development experience in Python (Pandas, SKLearn, PyTorch, CVXOpt, etc). Familiar with popular machine learning algorithms and packages. Good understanding of software system development life cycles.
- Experience in using and building high performance compute, containers, pipelines/scheduling and their relevant tools
- Familiar with financial data series, building and optimizing database structures and operating data delivery platforms.
- Advanced analytic skills and the ability to clearly articulate the approach, process and results in verbal, graphical and written form.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, collegiality and the ability to excel in a self-starting environment.
- Drive and humility to deliver on high value projects and roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Great attention to details.
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency. We offer a casual office environment, top-notch benefits, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
To apply for this position or view Acadian's open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at: http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/Job-opportunities . We will contact only selected candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at email@example.com.
Acadian Asset Management LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.