Central resource for the Institutional Sales team; based on assigned territories, to support the Senior Sales Staff and sales leadership. Duties include territory and competitive analysis, meeting preparation and follow-up, RFP review, research active leads, identify new sales opportunities, and support prospect interaction to allow for max time in field. While primarily an internal support role for the Senior Sales Staff, this role will also be asked to represent the firm at conferences and events and may be externally facing at times which requires interpersonal skills, industry knowledge, and a passion for the asset management business. Key Responsibilities
- Sales Preparation - Work directly with sales, Cr, investment teams, marketing, product managers and other subject matter experts to draft content for both internal and external meetings and follow-up. Prepare competitive analysis and briefing documents, review RFPs & Databases, create and finalize agendas and request custom materials. Attend and participate in internal & external meetings as necessary and appropriate.
- Territory Analysis and Lead Qualification - Work closely with the sales team members to develop and execute strong territory management plans, research active leads, opportunities and searches, identify new sales opportunities, design supporting content as needed - i.e. ad-hoc data analysis, data-driven competitive analysis, etc.
- Work directly with Institutional Sales and Consultant Relations team members to analyze data and drive analytics to sales/product conclusions and expeditiously resolve inquiries in order to allow territory managers to maximize their time spent in the field. Coordinate with internal partners to prepare presentation content, competitive analysis and custom materials for prospect meetings. Plan and manage calling programs to maximize pipeline build in collaborative manner across teams.
- Sales Reporting/CRM Reporting - Quarterback all aspects of data driven distribution, from maintaining sales reports and sales reporting templates, cleaning up sales records, drive CRM report development and maintenance, develop and maintain data-driven analytical dashboard, territory and metrics report suite as needed, and respond to distribution reporting requirements as requested by leadership and the team. Contribute to ad hoc foundation projects as the business required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (4-years)
- 3 - 5 years relevant Experience
- Series 7, and state securities agent registration (Series 63 or Series 66) or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time
- Series 3 or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time
About Our Company
- 3 years' experience within investment management industry.
- Ability to analyze data and drive analytics to sales/product conclusions.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and data warehouses, particularly Salesforce and eVestment
- Ability to navigate complex systems, statistical and coding skills (i.e. Excel Macros)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience working within a distribution team, ideally, institutional. Progress toward MBA or CFA a plus.
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Sales Line of Business
AMINV US Asset Management