About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
The Legal Associate being hired for this role will join our Investment Platform Legal Team, a global group of Legal Counsel and Legal Associates providing legal and regulatory support for investments made on behalf of Wellington Management clients. This role will support equity, fixed income and derivative investments.
- Partnering and providing legal support for trading, compliance, client, investment and operations teams in connection with private placements, restricted securities, and other higher-touch transactions
- Developing and maintaining processes and playbooks; seeking scalable solutions to transactional (and other) legal support
- Negotiating, or overseeing external provider negotiations of routine agreements related to equity, fixed income and derivative transactions
- Contributing to cross-functional support of regulatory and contractual requirements
- Triaging and advancing legal queries raised by internal (client-facing, investor and other) teams
- Identifying legal and regulatory risks and socializing these risks with broader business, legal and compliance teams to ensure that they are eliminated or mitigated
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and curious
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work well with colleagues and internal clients
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage fast-paced workflows and competing priorities in a sometimes high-pressure environment
- Comfort with taking ownership where appropriate while recognizing when issues require broader input
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of the team and a desire to develop new skills, assume additional responsibilities, and step out of your comfort zone
- Minimum 3-5 years prior work experience
- Law degree (JD) or prior legal work experience (e.g., paralegal, attorney, etc.) not required
- Familiarity with financial markets and/or legal language/principles is desired but not required
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 65,000 - 150,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)