About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
Our Cyber Defense Team
's primary mission is to understand 'the normal' and to continuously seek out and investigate the abnormal. As a Lead Systems Analyst
, you will work closely with our business and technology teams to qualify and respond to threats to understand and refine processes and controls. You will play a crucial role in identifying and mitigating threats, while actively contributing to the growth and development of our program. Your responsibilities will include both building and responding to alerts, triaging alerts, and investigating cybersecurity incidents, and helping to build future functions of the team, such as enhanced monitoring programs and breach attack simulation efforts. This role requires someone who can bring their expertise and innovative solutions to our dedicated global team and who has the technical and interpersonal skills to both independently lead investigations and help design and implement improved controls and processes. Someone with an investigative mindset who is passionate about finding and stopping cyber threats. In this fast-paced and constantly evolving cybersecurity landscape, you will play a crucial role in combatting past, present, and future threats while also working directly with our technology and business partners to build an increasingly cyber resilient workforce. We are a passionate global team dedicated to helping keep our clients and our firm safe.
- Maintain a core competency in event analysis and serve as an escalation point for noteworthy investigations, deeper investigations, and those that require critical attention.
- Continue to build out new capabilities within the program aligned with our attack surface.
- Opportunities include detection enhancements, improved or new standard operating procedures, and working with internal teams to tune and operationalize new technologies.
- Focus on continuing to develop dashboards, direct alerting, risk-based alerting, reports, and other objects as needed in Splunk.
- Continue to maintain a depth of knowledge within the cyber security field; entails following threat actor activity targeting the industry and speaking knowledgeably at regular threat intelligence briefings.
- Leveraging threat intelligence, experience, and other inputs to perform active threat hunting.
- Work alongside the Threat and Vulnerability Management Team to build response playbooks on emerging vulnerabilities.
- •Interface with technical and non-technical users to conduct fact-finding interviews, gather forensic artifacts and understand business processes
- Engage with other teams as appropriate, either as a result of incident response, to build platform specific alerting, or to advocate for improvements to configurations or technologies.
- Continue to develop and improve the Cyber Incident Response Plan and advocate for the program.
- Participate in on-call rotation for escalated security events.
- Experience in having worked in a Security Operations, CSIRT, or similar role and able to demonstrate a passion in Cyber Security
- Experience building out functions of a Cyber Defense Team such as an insider risk, threat intelligence, breach attack simulation, or similar programs.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals such as packet, file, and log analysis.
- Understanding of technologies and concepts which contribute to a strong security posture (encryption, MFA, data classification, etc.)
- Knowledgeable with various security infrastructure tools such as firewalls, intrusion prevention and detection systems, proxy servers, email controls, anonymizing technology, data loss prevention, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), and SIEM (Splunk)
- Strong understanding of common communication protocols, networking fundamentals and the necessary tools to analyze network activity.
- Track record of mentorship and knowledge sharing to broader team members
- Relevant recognized credentials (CISSP, CEH, GCIH, OSCP, or similar)
- Working knowledge of Amazon AWS services and secure configurations is strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience working with Microsoft cloud technologies (Azure Active Directory, Office 365, Defender 365)
- Preferred experience with Breach Attack Simulation tools
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 80,000 - 180,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)