Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
About the Role
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced equity research analyst to join our established Growth Opportunities (GrowthOpps) Portfolio Management team. This team manages approximately $13 billion in US growth strategies including large cap, mid cap and small cap strategies. The team is seeking to add an experienced growth investor to focus on the team's mid cap and large cap strategies. The team's approach is research intensive as they seek to build high conviction differentiated views on company fundamentals. Located in Boston, this team analyst is expected to focus on multi-sector coverage with potential for portfolio level responsibilities over time.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
• Growth investing acumen and passion - The analyst will have experience and passion investing in a growth-oriented style. They will employ intensive, bottom-up fundamental research to drive the investment process which will help form differentiated views and allow the analyst to communicate their findings to the portfolio manager. They must exhibit a fundamental, research oriented, bottom-up approach. Furthermore, the investor will be able to consider those ideas through a highly analytical and detailed approach within the context of overall portfolio philosophy and process.
• Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The successful candidate will enjoy being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team. They will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues and externally with company management teams. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; they must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented opinions clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
• Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required. The team analyst will have a creative approach for thinking about innovation and the next generation of successful companies, products, and services.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success as an investment analyst on the buy side
• Bottom-up fundamental approach to research
• A strong track record of making successful investment recommendations across a range of business models, company growth rates and market environments
• Philosophical alignment with the team's approach
• Intellectual curiosity and comfort taking risks
• Ability and willingness to make decisions and execute under pressure and in uncertain times
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment
• Highest personal integrity and ethics, and
• Strong academic credentials, MBA or CFA is strongly preferred
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 100,000 - 225,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families, and we are committed to fostering a flexible work environment that enables employees to thrive personally and professionally. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, and pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)