About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role THE COMPANY
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over $1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 June 2022, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. THE POSITION
Wellington (WMC) currently manages $483 billion in fixed income assets on behalf of our clients worldwide. The Financial Reserves Management (FRM) team manages approximately $128 billion in assets across its book of business, of which $40 Billion is in Muni/Crossover AUM. The FRM team is seeking a Muni/Crossover Portfolio Manager (PM) to bolster our capabilities in the asset class.
The PM will be responsible for managing Muni/Crossover holdings across multiple portfolios. They will work closely with existing portfolio managers on portfolio strategy and risk management as well as with other members of the Fixed Income team including research analysts, traders and product managers. Additionally, this individual will interact regularly with clients over time as an ambassador for the team. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and track record - The Portfolio Manager will have experience managing in an after-tax framework employing tax-exempt municipal bonds alongside core bond sectors including corporates, mortgages and structured product. The ideal candidate must exhibit a research oriented, bottom-up approach, supported by a strong investment philosophy and process. The Portfolio Manager will develop and manage security selection and risk decisions across various client mandates and must understand each client's objectives and constraints in order to customize and construct individualized portfolios to meet those specific needs. Furthermore, the Portfolio Manager will implement their ideas through a highly analytical and detailed approach.
- Superior collaboration skills - The successful candidate will enjoy being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team and embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. The Portfolio Manager will build strong trusting relationships internally with other portfolio managers, research analysts, product managers and client facing personnel. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; the Portfolio Manager must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented opinions clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required. The successful candidate will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation, the next generation of the investment industry and evolution of credit markets.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
- 5 years' experience in an investment role and 10 years industry experience are desired. Established track record as a FI portfolio manager is preferred and risk management experience would be additive;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
- Strong presentation skills to communicate investment decisions and strategies to clients and colleagues;
- Strong quantitative and programming skills preferred; and
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record; MBA/CFA preferred.
This Portfolio Manager position will be based in Wellington's Global Headquarters in Boston, MA.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 100,000 - 225,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)