S&P Global Commodity Insights is seeking candidates for our IMPACT ( Innovative Mentoring and Professional Acceleration in Commodities ) program within our Fuels, Chemicals, and Resource Solutions (FCRS) business line. Our 18-month rotational program will commence in June 2024
, and Associates will rotate through three 6-month rotations
in different commodity research sectors. Final placements on a research team are made following successful completion of the training and rotations. Decisions regarding research team rotations and final placements are based on business needs and determined by management . The Location
: Houston The Team:
The S&P Global FCRS team is recognized as a market leader in the industry and provides unrivaled information expertise and strategic insights to the global oil, refined products and fuels, chemicals, agriculture, and maritime industries from concept to market. Our clients largely comprise of oil and gas operators, refining companies, chemical companies, financial investors, governments, and various other stakeholders to these industries. We offer clients a combination of short-term/long-term advisory, tailored consulting, and services developed to assist them with meeting their needs related to climate change and reduced emissions. We work with corporate and regional executives to develop sustainable strategies and assess investments and divestments within those strategies. The Impact:
Do you want to be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand? Join a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 45 offices spanning five continents. You will be working within a team of research specialists and across a business possessing expertise spanning all related sectors, as we seek to grow our thought leadership position. What's in it for you:
S&P Global puts our People First and are committed to helping you live your best life inside and outside of the company. We value a workplace that values flexible downtime to enjoy vacation, work-from-home options, career coaching individualized to you, wellness stipend, volunteering days, and People Resource Groups dedicated to engaging and developing a diverse workplace where you can be your authentic self.
During the 18-month program
, you will have the opportunity to learn about various aspects of Crude Oil, Fuels and Refined Products, Chemicals, Agriculture commodities and fertilizers, and the Maritime & Trade industries . You will also receive exposure to a large number of market subjects including supply and demand, global trade, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation/policy, cost analytics and how these subjects impact respective markets.
- You will receive training in the research function and will assist with a variety of workstreams including but not limited to supply/demand/trade, costs and profit analysis, new investment strategies, asset rationalization criteria, carbon emissions impact, and price forecasting and many other areas.
- Daily interaction with the chance to learn from industry experts at the forefront of these markets and an unrivaled opportunity to gain a broad industry perspective related to key issues facing the industry today including climate change, shifting geo-political landscape, economic and energy market headwinds.
- An outstanding culture, S&P Global consistently returns exceptional employee feedback in surveys identifying the company as a wonderful place to work.
- Assist with complex research assignments across the industry by utilizing various sources and advanced secondary research techniques and data analytics.
- Conduct in-depth research on geographic segment trends, competitors, industry market trends and issues, and relevant technology topics.
- Help maintain , and enhance proprietary analytical models and databases currently marketed to clients such as supply/demand, inventory models, etc.
- Interpret modeling results for understanding and reasonableness.
- Collaborate with regional teams to research and deliberate on the latest market trends.
- Support thought leadership and writing insight papers based on research highlighting recent market developments and government policies.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with local and regional management.
- Perform data structuring and analysis using technology tools such as Python, and data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Spotfire and Tableau.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering (any area) is preferred.
- Background/experience with analytics
- Curiosity of global markets and overall interconnected energy business ecosystem.
- Strong Office 365 application skills including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to research complex issues and write coherent analyses.
- Excellent reading and writing skills in international business English, effective communication skills, and a natural bent for multi-tasking.
- Strong problem-solving and logical reasoning skills - should be able to independently troubleshoot and question data that does not follow logic.
- Modeling and data science experience is a plus.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Highly motivated, results oriented and aptitude for self-learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer focus, and hold a high regard for stakeholder relationships.
In addition to base compensation and a flexible time-off approach, this role is eligible for additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://spgbenefits.com/benefit-summaries/us About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
292991 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States