Lead the delivery of medium to large, comprehensive business project initiatives that involve obtaining agreement/adoption of project objectives and deliverables by key sponsors. Ensures that a comprehensive project plan is developed and maintained and tracks deliverables and progress toward completion on time and within budget. Key Responsibilities Project and Program Management
- Drive execution of Finance projects impacting Finance tools and systems, including providing management to business project resources and technology stakeholders to achieve stated objectives.
- Act as the business lead, managing team on the execution of analysis & design for Finance systems and tools, testing, communications, training, and implementation activities.
- As needed provide expertise of Finance tool capabilities on enterprise initiatives.
- Provide oversight of daily project tasks including ensuring issues are effectively managed and resolved, assessing staffing needs and assignments for enterprise projects, managing escalations from leadership, maintaining a road map, obtaining leadership alignment, ensure internal legal and compliance reviews are completed and training and reference materials are maintained.
- Build more efficient and repeatable processes.
- Primary point of contact for vendors.
- Drive and influence the vendor release roadmaps ensuring Ameriprise needs are understood and prioritized for vendor consideration.
- Manage enterprise vendor management requirements processes to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
- Act as primary contact for procurement initiatives including accuracy of contracts and invoice reconciliations.
- Provide effective leadership to direct reports and project team members, incorporating performance management practices through individual performance plans, periodic review and feedback sessions, coaching and development.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Adept at standard office and project management applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and other project tools.
- Demonstrated experience in leading medium to large scale project initiatives to successful completion and implementation.
- Ability to proactively identify risks and impact of new technology, policies, practices and trends and builds plans to address them.
- Strong relationship and communication skills, and ability to influence direct reports, project teams, cross organization partners and vendors.
About Our Company
- Project management experience at a Financial Services Company.
- Experience with the Workday Finance System.
- Experience implementing automated testing solutions.
- Experience with Essbase and Prism.
- Experience in organizational change.
- Excellent execution discipline and demonstrated strength in implementing strategies.
- Formal people leadership experience.
- Proven change enabler and ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Understanding of technical development processes, data mining tools, compliance controls, finance tools and competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated Risk Management/Control awareness skills including Quality and Governance skills.
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Business Support & Operations Line of Business
TNAM Threadneedle Asset Management