At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
Under the general direction of the Quality Assurance Manager the Quality Assurance Engineer will assist in designing, developing, executing, and analyzing, automated test scripts for MFS applications. Working in an Agile environment with developers, business analysts, quality assurance engineers, product owners and business partners, this individual will be required to analyze and test complex systems. They will also provide concise, quantitative analysis and will communicate results, issues and recommendations utilizing visualization techniques.
As a member of an Agile development team, this Quality Assurance Engineer will be participating in Agile ceremonies assisting in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, iteration review and retrospectives. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Design, develop, maintain automated testing solutions using object-orientated programming and testing frameworks.
- Run tests in CI/CD in parallel.
- Maintain test scripts for functional regression testing for assigned applications.
- Analyze test runs, investigate failures, and provide root cause analysis.
- Identify software defects, track resolution, and add any appropriate test coverage.
- Understand data flows, developer code, and how they interact with different components.
- Collaborate with Agile team members to understand requirements surrounding new or enhanced features to write test documentation and design automated solutions.
- Perform peer reviews of testing artifacts and demonstrate to the technology team and business participants their test results, evidence, and related analysis.
- Contribute to building out capabilities and shared libraries for the Automation Team
- Generate effective status and progress reports to the QA Manager and project team managers.
- Successful candidate will have a BA and 0-2+ years of experience in software testing in a process driven technology environment or equivalent.
- Experience developing automation scripts at UI, API, and Database layers.
- Experience in Agile scrum framework leveraging JIRA platform for SDLC.
- Proficiency with Selenium, Java, Python, TestNG, Applitools, and Rest-Assured.
- Proficiency in writing and manipulating SQL queries.
- Good communication skills with ability to work with other members in an Agile team.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.