Job Description Summary Job Description
GE Aerospace has an exciting opportunity to fill a new Contracts role in a growing business working remotely. The successful candidate for the Lead Contracts Manager position will report to the Director of Contracts and will support a unique portfolio of contracts that spans International Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) and Commercial contracts (including offset agreements) in scenarios where GE is both a prime and a subcontractor, and in collaboration with Senior Contracts Managers. The scope of this position will focus on the Rotorcraft & Turboprop and Combat & Trainer product lines with global customers in APAC, MENAT, Europe, and Americas regions.
The Lead Contracts Manager is an individual contributor role that develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet assigned goals. In this capacity, you will be responsible for establishing relationships with external customers and internal stakeholders while also supporting the development of proposals and execution of contracts and business objectives. The successful candidate will be accountable to support and manage contracts from cradle to grave" throughout the acquisition process. This includes reviewing and understanding RFPs, terms and conditions, scope of work, executing proprietary information and related agreements, relationship management, offset agreements, etc. In some cases, job requirements may be less defined in certain areas, and will rely on your understanding and experience to achieve short- and long-term business goals. This role has ample opportunity for professional development and growth. Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Assess solicitations identifying business and compliance risks.
- Support proposal development through creating winning strategies.
- Negotiate primarily with higher-tier contractors and international government customers.
- Must have the confidence and the ability to work on your own, utilizing your skills to execute business objectives, supporting both internal project offices and customers.
- Responsibilities cover the entire contracting lifecycle, from receipt of solicitation through contract close-out.
- Ability to work well and cohesively with others, describe terms and conditions risks and offer mitigation ideas, lead negotiations, and partner with program managers, engineers, and others in the process of offering compliant solutions to contracting requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in government and/or international contract formation and execution.
- Solid domain expertise with commercial terms and conditions, Federal Acquisition Regulations, with emphasis in Parts 12 Acquisition of Commercial Items and 15 Contracting by Negotiation, and DoD FAR Supplement.
- Proficiency with Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Knowledge of contract formation and regulations.
- Anticipates, identifies, and resolves complex contractual issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build solid relationships with others in the team, including management.
- High-energy team player.
- Ability to manage projects/assignments within tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and risk identification skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Relocation Assistance Provided: