Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global asset management subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking a Biopharmaceutical Analyst to be based in Boston, MA or New York, NY. Responsibilities:
- Conduct primary research on the broader industry and specific companies through key opinion leader calls, earnings calls, management interactions, company visits, medical meetings, and sell-side events.
- Find clinically relevant innovations that could lead to large market opportunities.
- Formulate hypothesis on therapeutic innovations and identify investment ideas that can best leverage the hypothesis.
- Identify and maintain clinical catalyst calendar including clinical trial data, regulatory events or other important events relevant to the industry.
- Proactively work with healthcare team analysts and portfolio managers to formulate thesis on investment ideas.
- 5+ years of dedicated clinical, laboratory or patient care experience at an academic institution or industry participant such as a drug development company or contract service clinical provider
About Our Company
- MD/PhD or equivalent in the sciences, clinical science or medicine
- MBA and/or CFA
- 7-10 years' experience preferred.
- Tacit understanding of clinical trial design and drug pathways
- Ability to analyze preclinical and clinical data and adjudicate trial conduct.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Experience as a buy-side equity analyst
- Ability to create detailed financial models, valuation analysis, and written reports to support stock recommendations.
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world. Base Pay Salary
New York Residents Only: The estimated base salary for this role is $180,000 - $220,000 / year. Base salaries are determined in part based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and geographical work location. In addition, most of our roles are eligible for variable pay in the form of bonus, commissions, and/or long-term incentives depending on the role. We also have a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that support all aspects of your health and well-being.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Investment Management Line of Business
AMINV US Asset Management