Sizable and reputable hedge fund seeks Biotech Analyst to support senior members of investment team, covering public biotech companies research and investments.
Firm's operations range from mid to long term investments in biotech/healthcare domains, to private's Capital Markets activities.
Position's at a successful tracked team that utilizes unique combination of science, medicine and finance, within an investment management firm that uses multi-disciplinary approach for its investment process
In this highly collaborative role one will utilize an experience in both academic/scientific (expertise/knowledge of therapeutic areas pursued by covered companies, drug mechanisms, associated safety/efficacy profiles, clinical design strategies, etc.) and non-scientific (analyzing intellectual property, financial status and capital markets trends).
• Will gather and analyze industry information, build financial models and write reports on the biotech sector, market trends and biotech companies.
• Perform technical analysis for both prospective and existing public and/or private biotech investments
• Review, synthesize and present disease pathophysiology, drug mechanism of action, PK/PD, pre-clinical and clinical data, CMC/regulatory considerations and prevalence/incidence data for internally-generated reports and presentations
• Know, or be willing to learn, how to evaluate the above data points to generate actionable investment theses
• Monitor a variety of data sources to detect changes in fundamental and sentiment changes for companies and areas of interest while also identifying potential risks
• Maintain a skeptical approach to data interpretation with a focus on independent verification of assumptions
• Balance fundamental analysis with an appreciation for markets driven guidance, sentiment and indicators when performing research
• Strong educational background plus 3-7 years of practical industry experience in biotech investment research and analysis
• Strong passion for biotech investing
• Experience at synthesizing highly complex information, distilling information into key/succinct questions, generating an investment thesis and testing one's thesis objectively
• Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication
• Ability to take detailed notes in real time during presentations, company meetings and calls
• Self-starter, quick learner, able to work with minimum supervision
• Great opportunity, role involves collaborating with top investment/portfolio manager, and biotech scientific and business community
• Firm offers very competitive compensation and benefits, collegiate/collaborative/professional culture
-- Please contact us for additional details and confidential consideration --