If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates.
With a growing global presence, Columbia Threadneedle Investments is seeking a Senior Institutional Sales Director for the West Coast in the United States. This position has overall responsibility for the cultivation of institutional mandates in this assigned region. In this role, he/she will sell Columbia Threadneedle Investments' long-term product suite to large corporate, public, endowment and foundation plan sponsors. The selected individual will be responsible for executing on a business plan to help grow Columbia's institutional assets in the South. This position will play an integral role in generating profitability for the firm. Key Responsibilities
The Senior Institutional Sales Director, West Coast Territory will be responsible for growing Assets Under Management (AUM) by offering competitive equity, fixed income, alternatives and solutions-based strategies to institutional investors. Additionally, the ideal candidate will follow the current institutional sales and marketing business plan, including agreeing to a series of individual key performance indicators with regards to activity, sales, revenue and growth in AUM. This includes pursuit and relationship cultivation of the following institutional client types: corporations, public pensions, endowments and foundations, and non-profits.
As a Senior Institutional Sales Director, he/she will be required to enhance Columbia's profile through participation in industry conferences as well as through the delivery of best practices. Additionally, he/she will utilize databases, market research, industry contacts and other sources to prospect and source sales opportunities. The Senior Institutional Sales Director will participate in contractual discussions and negotiations with new clients as well as provide institutional market feedback and product development ideas to the leadership team.
This is a highly visible role with an impact on the overall profitability of the Columbia Threadneedle Investments business. The candidate sought for this role will be highly collaborative, willing to jump in to help wherever needed, and will have a proven track record of successful institutional sales results. Outstanding knowledge of the institutional distribution channel, and existing contacts in key centers of influence. He/she should demonstrate a highly focused, proactive and strategic approach to business development and a strong desire and proven track record in the region within institutional distribution and asset growth. Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial services, specifically in institutional sales with strong contacts that include: Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and traditional 3rd party institutional plans
- A demonstrated track record of significant asset raising with well-established institutional contacts across the West Coast, as well skills in developing and implementing strategies to achieve sales results
- Strong business acumen with a comprehensive knowledge of long-term investment products
- Prior experience with complex long-term institutional accounts
- Superior sales development skills
- Series 7 (or SIE and Series 7 top off exam), Series 3 and 66 (or 63 & 65 combined) or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time
About Our Company
- Outstanding knowledge of the institutional distribution channel, and existing contacts in key centers of influence.
- He/she should demonstrate a highly focused, proactive and strategic approach to business development and a strong desire and proven track record in the region within institutional distribution and asset growth.
- Demonstrated experience being a team player
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world. Base Pay Salary
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Sales Line of Business
AMINV US Asset Management