Founded in 1957, AGF Management Limited is an independent and globally diverse asset management firm. AGF brings a disciplined approach to delivering excellence in investment management through its fundamental, quantitative, private capital, and high-net-worth businesses. Our suite of diverse investment solutions extends globally to a wide range of clients, from individual investors and financial advisors to institutions, including pension plans, corporate plans, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations. Our commitment to the principles of good stewardship and responsible investment is a positive differentiator for AGF. We believe integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues into our investment decision-making and ownership practices across platforms will help deliver better investment outcomes to our clients.
About the Team:
AGF’s Fixed Income team is looking for an Associate, Credit Research to join our Investment Management team in Boston. The Fixed Income team is responsible for managing AGF’s bond mandates worth over $6 billion spread over a variety of strategies: core plus, high yield, emerging markets, total return, target date, and convertibles.
AGF’s growth and success are the direct result of employees’ commitment and dedication, and in particular our disciplined approach to investing. As part of our continued efforts to ensure we are leading on ESG awareness and integration, the Credit Research team incorporates sustainability factors when analyzing fund holdings with a clear emphasis on financial materiality.
At AGF, our tenure, expertise and access to global firm resources has allowed us to maintain a disciplined approach while at the same time embracing a spirit of research and innovation to adapt. We believe a culture of curiosity, open dialogue and challenging each other’s ideas leads to better investment outcomes and helps to continually raise the bar for our clients.
- Provide support to the Credit Research team with all aspects of fundamental credit analysis including but not limited to financial modeling, due diligence process, credit analysis, and drafting of credit initiations
- Assist with due diligence of credits, including accurate screening, review and analysis of all publicly available data room material, third party information, filings, and reports.
- Continuous monitoring of credit quality post investment
- Regularly contribute unique insights to team and department discussions enhancing collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree with ideally some knowledge of financial statement analysis
- 1-2 years of combined work experience
- Knowledge of corporate finance valuation and financial accounting concepts • Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Python and SQL would be an asset
- CFA designation preferred or working towards it
- Highly collaborative, team oriented, organized, adaptable, able to work independently, and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
AGF is an equal opportunity employer. AGF welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process. It is the Company's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. AGF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable legislation.