Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
The Head of Marketing will lead the firm's global marketing team and is responsible for the development and implementation of integrated marketing programs to support growth and deepen relationships in all key markets. The marketing team is located in 10 countries across Americas, EMEA, and APAC and currently supports 7 languages. The team is responsible for Wellington's global brand and for creating and delivering integrated marketing programs and thought leadership across multiple channels including digital, events, PR, and social media. The Head of Marketing will report to the Head of the Client Group and Vice Chairman of the firm and will serve as a key member of the Client Group Leadership Team.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated track record in strategic marketing and brand building, deep knowledge of the asset management industry, and experience in alternatives. They will be a strong leader who is able to inspire and motivate team members who are located across the globe and partners effectively with colleagues in a global and matrixed reporting structure.
• Provide leadership to the firm regarding the firm's brand, image, marketing strategy, and market visibility. In this aspect, the head of marketing is expected to have an informed opinion based on a deep understanding of the business and its market environment and have the self-confidence and gravitas to advocate with passion and authority.
• Lead the global marketing team across all regions and channels including global wealth, institutional, and alternatives. Manage budget and demonstrate impact of spend.
• Provide strategic leadership and oversight of the firm's brand and external presence.
• Collaborate with distribution, client management, operations, communications, product and strategy to develop and implement integrated marketing programs.
• Manage the multitude of ways the company communicates, both internally and externally, in order to streamline the firm's message and further gain visibility amongst institutional investors, the advisor community and end investor.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of industry dynamics, the competitive landscape, and regulatory requirements.
• At least 15 years of proven, progressive success in asset and investment management marketing.
• Deep knowledge of asset management
• Expertise across all facets of marketing, including branding, digital, social, content marketing and the use of data and analytics to inform marketing decisions.
• Proven record of building, inspiring and developing a team of marketing professionals.
• Bachelor's degree required; M.B.A. preferred.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
• Strategic and Commercial Marketing: Ability to think strategically and deliver a strong marketing program that contributes to growth of assets under management. Can step back from day-to-day activities to view the business from a broad perspective, see the bigger picture, distill information such as industry trends, and work with firm management to build credible strategies to achieve the desired direction and positioning.
• Leadership and Executive Presence: Ability to communicate a clear vision and strategy for Wellington's marketing activities and inspire a team of professionals to perform to their full potential. Provide leadership over an existing team of professionals and build or restructure the organization to achieve maximum organizational performance. Additionally, has the presence, intellect, gravitas and stature to gain the respect of Wellington's senior leadership team and perform as an integral member of that team. Importantly, is able to balance divergent views and create strategies and solutions that serve multiple needs in alignment with the overall business strategy of the firm.
• Strong Relationship Building and Influencing Skills: Has demonstrated success in building a marketing program that has resulted in expansion of client base and revenue generation across channels, products and geographies. Ability to gain alignment on goals and programs by educating and influencing. Can effectively balance diplomacy with tenacity when working to gain cooperation across a broad, diverse and investment-oriented organization.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 100,000 - 225,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)