As a Ratings Analyst, you are working as part of a sector team within the Corporate Ratings group. Under the guidance of senior analysts, a qualified Rating analyst typically supports the sector team on its ongoing surveillance of a portfolio of rated corporate issuers and performs basic fundamental credit analysis, forecasting, and industry analysis. With experience, a high performing Rating analyst will provide support on more complex issuers and transactions, as well as provide input to financial models and written analysis used for committee reviews and external publications. We expect our strong Rating analysts to become primary analysts with their own credit list within a sector team over time.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in an environment of continuous improvement and high customer service standards while adhering to established ratings criteria, policies and procedures.
Successful candidates for U.S. locations must have authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
What's in it for you:
- Supportive and flexible work environment within a team of 15-20 analysts (per sector) with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Hybrid work schedule with 2-3 days in the office once trained up.
- Interesting work with unparalleled exposure to senior management of large US corporates
- Encouragement and financial support to complete the CFA or an MBA
- Good progression opportunities for strong performers
- Bachelor’s degree (business/quantitative discipline preferred)
- Progress towards the CFA or MBA is a benefit
- 1-2 years of relevant analytical or credit risk analysis work experience
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
- Ability to quickly absorb, analyze, and act upon information, while demonstrating strong proficiency with figures, accuracy and be detail-oriented while complying with deadlines.
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution. English communication skills should be strong - both verbal and written.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work under time pressure.
- Strong team player - the ability to work in a deal-driven, collaborative work environment is critical.
- Must have ability to think independently and critically.
- Self-starter, motivated, intellectually curious
- Coachable; open to receiving and providing feedback. Genuine desire for personal development
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.