Level: Experienced (5-10+ years of experience)
Location: Preferably Boston, MA but also open to Atlanta and Chicago.
We are seeking a poised, accomplished insurance investment professional with a strong track record of building client relationships. This requires strong presentation, verbal communication and writing skills and a solid technical background specifically building insurance portfolios in the property and casualty, health, and life areas. Experience servicing institutional investment relationships or working within an insurance company as an investment expert required. Minimum five years of investment experience required. For a Sr. Consultant 7-10 plus years required. An advanced degree and/or the CFA® designation are strongly preferred. In depth knowledge of asset allocation required. Ability to handle multiple, unique client relationships (alone or on a team basis) is an inherent job requirement.
- Ability to manage and service 7-12 complex client relationships.
- Provide consulting advice on investment fund design, structure, and governance specifically for Insurance Assets.
- Meet client needs and objectives and be responsive and accessible to clients, consistent with NEPC’s client centric philosophy.
- Participate in marketing and new business development opportunities as needed.
- Participate as a member of the Insurance Solutions Group.
- Back up other Sr. Consultants/Partners on complex accounts as needed.
- Guide/train analysts and other associates as needed.
- Participate in appropriate insurance industry related conferences and networking events becoming a known NEPC entity in the space.
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance related investment trends and challenges, working closely with our Research team and the money manager community, and communicate these effectively with clients.
- Partner with NEPC’s team of Research professionals to stay current on investment market trends.
- Act as a lead or secondary consultant on NEPC team designated to work with each client.
- Provide consulting advice to clients on trends in the capital markets and NEPC’s recommended actions.
- Consult with insurance clients on appropriate asset allocations and fund structures.
- Develop/review investment policy statements and update appropriately.
- Oversee/conduct manager searches for traditional and alternative assets.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly reports for client investment performance.
- Educate clients as to their investments and to general topics of interest in the investment industry especially as it relates to the specific needs of their institution.
NEPC features competitive salary, bonus, and full benefits, including health and welfare, profit sharing and 401(k) plans. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement and financial support towards the CFA and CAIA designations, graduate degrees, and other programs. We also have a very flexible work environment with both remote and hybrid options.
NEPC, LLC is an employee-owned, full-service investment consulting firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. NEPC was founded in 1986 and now has approximately 370 employees and over 425 clients. We provide a variety of consulting services such as asset allocation, performance measurement, policy formulation, investment manager research, and discretionary portfolio management. NEPC is a strong advocate of promotion from within, so excellent potential exists for professional growth.
In addition to insurance, our clients include defined benefit, defined contribution, endowments, foundations, trusts, public, corporate, Taft-Hartley, health & welfare, high net worth, and private plans. NEPC’s mission is to help our clients build successful investment programs, using diverse and proven strategies to enhance returns while minimizing risk. We’re a fun (but demanding) company with excellent working conditions, great benefits, and a very supportive team-oriented environment.
NEPC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer