Get to Know the Opportunity
The Private Credit Analyst furnishes the client portfolios with selected assets through analysis of Private Placement Offerings of corporate debt securities. This role supports existing senior analysts, portfolio managers, and monitors existing private credit assets.
The Contributions You Will Make
I. Asset Selection
- Analyze credit/investment characteristics of borrowing entity described in the Private Placement Offerings (“PPO”)
- Research, spread, and perform FSA (financial statement analysis) on financial statements for borrowing entities.
- Research and analyze relevant market, industry, and competitor data.
- Evaluate and independently form and justify a view on the transaction credit quality and appropriate lending structure.
- Present conclusions and recommendations to Private Credit Team Leader and, where appropriate, Private Credit Department Head
- Prepare and present written analysis to Voya IM credit committee.
- Perform further due diligence through conversations with company management and their investment bankers, and through on-site visits of company’s facilities prior to close of transaction.
II. Portfolio Monitoring
- Monitor credit quality of private credit assets and compliance with loan covenants.
- Recommend appropriate credit actions, including watch list additions, upgrades, and downgrades.
- Maintain communication with borrowers.
- Organize and maintain files of assigned private credit portfolio.
- Review amendment and waiver requests in collaboration with Associate General Counsel for Private Credit Team Leader and secure approval of Private Credit Department Head
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ corporate credit experience; specific experience in infrastructure and project finance preferred.
- Excellent credit analysis skills, inclusive of ability to assess the quality and expected future performance of underlying credits.
- Advanced understanding of Excel and strong modeling capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Solid foundation of global accounting standards.
- Strong business orientation, able to proactively engage transaction counterparties and investor clients.
- Excellent customer orientation.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Strong planning & organizing skills.
- Great teammate.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- CFA Designation or equivalent preferred, participation in program without yet attaining designation also a plus.