Responsible for performing functions necessary for the management and or administration of residential properties held in various types of managed and directed accounts including, trusts, guardianships, estate and agency accounts. May also be responsible for performing the functions necessary as part of a transaction team to sell or acquire real estate assets. This position is also responsible for completion of routine pre-acceptance functions and annual reviews to satisfy audit, regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Manage assigned properties utilizing established policies and procedures
• Buy, sell, lease properties either directly or with assistance of a realtor
• Negotiate listing agreements, purchase and sale agreements, leases and other agreements
• Maintain properties cost effectively through use of appropriate vendors
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage by way of blanket program or external policies
• Prepare annual property reviews, analyze tax assessed values, coordinate triennial valuations, and perform initial and annual property inspections
• Coordinate the timely payment of all maintenance, insurance and property tax bills
• Maintain property files with and without the help of an assistant
• Support Guardianship Administrators and attend court hearings as necessary
• Build and maintain productive relationships with internal partners and centers of influence
• Provide articulate and reasoned communication with colleagues, co-fiduciaries, clients, attorneys, brokers, contractors, third-party managers and other service providers
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a professional real estate sales and management environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Professional real estate designation is a plus
• Preferred skill/experience includes knowledge of fiduciary principals, ability to identify and resolve moderate problems with minimal guidance, strong attention to detail, proven analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word and otherwise computer literate
• Proficient in Yardi Voyager is a plus
• Ability to quickly gain proficiency with the bank's internal systems
• Valid driver's license
About The Northern Trust Institute
The Northern Trust Institute is a research center dedicated to advising high and ultra-high net worth individuals and families. More than 175 experts collaborate across more than 40 areas of expertise to analyze behavioral patterns and identify the strategies that have been most effective for our clients - bringing the breadth and depth of our firm to each unique situation. The resulting insights position you to take action with confidence and achieve optimal outcomes with your wealth.
About Northern Trust Wealth Management
Northern Trust Wealth Management offers holistic wealth management services for affluent individuals and families, family offices, foundations and endowments, and privately held businesses. It is recognized for its innovative technology, service excellence and depth of expertise, with $351.4 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2022. The Northern Trust Company is an Equal Housing Lender. Member FDIC.
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of wealth management, asset servicing, asset management and banking to corporations, institutions, affluent families and individuals. Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust has a global presence with offices in 25 U.S. states and Washington, D.C., and across 23 locations in Canada, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. As of December 31, 2022, Northern Trust had assets under custody/administration of US$13.6 trillion, and assets under management of US$1.2 trillion. For more than 130 years, Northern Trust has earned distinction as an industry leader for exceptional service, financial expertise, integrity and innovation. Follow us on Twitter @NorthernTrust and on LinkedIn.