Senior Performance Analyst Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Performance Analyst to join our Newton, Performance team. This role is located in Boston, MA- HYBRID Job Purpose:
The Senior Performance Analyst is responsible for the overall performance measurement and oversight of performance calculations, contribution, and attribution analysis across all types of accounts/vehicles and investment products. You will work with various teams to improve performance data quality as well as lead enhancement to existing processes and procedures. You will be a liaison for the performance team in internal meetings providing insights to key stakeholders. You will take responsible for responding to inquiries about performance results utilizing various third-party tools to gather information and conduct the necessary research while building effective relationships with requestors. You will also take a lead role in the GIPS compliance oversight function along with representing the performance team in key strategic and tactical project initiatives including defining business requirements, testing, and analyzing results. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Support the production of accurate and timely periodic performance reports
- Deliver monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of financial results
- Analyze performance and attribution data to communicate findings to marketing, investors, and client facing teams
- Work with other team members to manage composites and production of GIPS Composite Reports. Lead the annual GIPS verification process.
- Represent team in internal oversight meetings providing insights and analytics on all matters relating to investment performance
- Participate in training and coaching junior analysts, providing expertise on select areas, being a resource for other analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Responsible for responding to internal and external ad-hoc questions
- Maintaining internal controls and thorough documentation of policies and procedures
- Find opportunities in the performance process to improve, seeking automation whenever possible
- Play an active role in all systems upgrades, conversions, or related events, providing methodical testing throughout
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 7-10 years of investment performance and/or investment accounting experience
- Sound understanding of equities; fixed income and derivatives a plus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict reporting deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to improve workflow and lead internal process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to provide insightful investment analysis
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with internal and external stakeholders in complex and demanding conditions
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with Aladdin, FactSet and SQL skills are a plus
- CFA Charterholder, CIPM Certificate or working toward either preferred
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.