Job Description Join the 2024 Summer Internship Program
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Which groups hire interns?
Interns may be placed in any area of the bank. Below are some (but not all) of the areas in which you can work. Opportunities change from year to year, but the below areas have previously hosted interns:
Are you a good fit for the Summer Internship Program?
- Alpha: Alpha harmonizes data, technology and services across the end-to-end investment management cycle so our clients' teams can overcome silos, work smarter and stay in sync.
The Alpha organization consists of Charles River Development and Alpha Services (Investment Manager Services and Alpha Data Services).
- Digital: State Street Digital focuses on digital assets, and technologies, and will encompass the setup of a new integrated business and operating model to support our clients' entire digital investment cycle from pre-trade, trade, and post-trade as well as other initiatives designed to enhance the client experience.
- Global Advisors: State Street Global Advisors is the asset manager our clients trust for insight, solutions and results. Institutions - including corporations, endowments and foundations, third-party asset gatherers, pension funds, and sovereign wealth funds - rely on our disciplined investment process, along with our powerful global investment platform, for access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style.
Global Markets: When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to State Street Global Markets (SSGM). As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the globe.
- Global Product: Here at the Global Product Content Center, we look to centralize access to all relevant Product materials from across the enterprise, inclusive of Global Markets, Global Credit Finance, Alpha, and Asset Servicing.
Our mission is to provide you with easy access to all Product related information comprising of product materials, tool kits, Office Hours, Product Review Boards, and various thought leadership pieces, such as market memos, regulatory briefings, and product research materials/white papers. Along with integrated modern technology such as Yammer and Stream, we look to create a digitally interactive and collaborative experience for all of our users.
- Institutional Services: Institutional Services brings together Segments (Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Insurance, Alternatives, and Official Institutions), Coverage and Sales (relationship management including Global Client Division, Sales, and new client prospecting) and Regions & Countries, as well as Client Experience and Marketing into a powerful and aligned organization.
Global Credit Finance: With a broad array of liquidity and financing products and more than 20 years of experience in providing credit to the world's largest asset managers and institutions, we utilize our expertise to develop solutions for your liquidity and financing challenges
- Corporate Functions including:
- Corporate Finance: Across every one of our businesses at State Street, our Finance division plays an important role to ensure we both meet our financial obligations and best position our company for future financial success. Finance manages and controls our financial functions, meets our reporting requirements, provides information that guides our Board and Management Committee to make decisions, and manages our investment portfolio.
- Corporate Compliance: Our Corporate Compliance team develops and implements the policies we need across our company to meet our regulatory obligations. As a partner to our Board of Directors and senior management, Corporate Compliance works to foster a culture of compliance by our employees, managers and clients so our business activities follow all laws and regulations - and our reputation remains protected.
- Enterprise Risk Management: Providing products and services to our clients creates some risk - and our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team helps us to identify, measure and manage it. ERM formulates policies, establishes limits, monitors risk in partnership with each business unit, and informs and helps senior managers make decisions regarding the existing and potential risk that comes with all of our business activities.
- Global Delivery: Global Delivery offers custody and asset manager services ranging from account opening and market data services to transaction processing, corporate actions and reconciliation. This function offers strong local presence while leveraging follow-the sun operating models, providing robust servicing across our client base.
- Global Human Resources/Corporate Citizenship: The goal of GHR is to support our clients, in this case the business lines and corporate functions; ultimately we want to attract, retain, engage and reward talent. We support the employee life cycle from end to end - from hiring, managing and developing, engaging and ultimately rewarding employees. Corporate Citizenship represents our company value of Global Force, Local citizen through strategic initiatives that positively impact our community.
- Enterprise Data Governance & Management: Data Governance defines the guiding principles, policies, accountability and processes for data and its use across the enterprise with the goal of establishing meaning, context, quality and lineage of data for operational, regulatory and management information purposes.
- Global Technology: Technology is always changing, and our Information Technology (IT) team makes sure that we use innovation to benefit our company and clients most effectively. By staying informed of the latest trends and tools, IT helps us connect our clients to the marketplace, providing them with the valuable investment information they need to achieve their goals.
State Street hires interns almost all business units, so we are open to all majors:
The State Street 2024 Summer Internship Program runs from June 10th-August 16th. Salary Range:
- Graduating in December 2024 or later
- Strong interest in financial services; ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with or interest in data and analytics preferred
- Change management and innovative mindset, demonstrated problem solving ability
- Enthusiasm for learning and commitment to career development
- Versatility, adaptability and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently while also adopting a collaborative approach to achieving results
$15,600 - $58,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.