What we are looking for
State Street's Alpha Services Strategy, Solutioning and Product Team is looking for an Alpha Product and Strategy-Transaction Lifecycle Management, Vice President. This qualified individual will develop and deliver product, business solutions and strategy aligned with our Alpha Transaction Lifecycle Management vision. This leader will focus on driving front, middle and back-office service innovations that support and streamline end-to-end integration, servicing and interoperability for our Alpha clients, across our Transaction Management product suite. Why this job is important to us
State Street Alpha brings together data and capabilities across the investment lifecycle to help our clients make better decisions, grow at scale, and deliver returns for their clients. We partner with clients to optimize their operations, data, and technology footprint by leveraging the Alpha Platform and outsourced Alpha Services.
The successful candidate must be skilled in analyzing our complex business service flows across front, middle, and back office operating models for our Alpha Clients, with focus on post-trade execution lifecycle product and services. They will also be driving the strategic solution design, business architecture, and business solutions/services, whilst driving program/project execution and reporting. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Establish strong partnerships with project sponsors and stakeholders in Operations, Technology and other product teams within the State Street to influence and coordinate cross-functional business solutions and products, in support of client and business goals
- Act as liaison between business and technology teams to support product demand opportunities as part of the Transaction Management product strategy and development
- Experienced in driving analysis, design and delivery of transactional data and processing platform using Agile practices and processes, with a focus of establishing continuous delivery, culture and process
- Strong knowledge of existing State Street organizational constructs and teams required, in addition to deep business acumen across middle and back-office systems, functions and services supported at State Street
- Work with business and technology partners to establish clear connections between business goals, strategies and the data and technology investments required to achieve them
- Gathering of business/system requirements by facilitating user/client meetings and interviewing key stakeholders
- Identify compile, analyze and document business requirements that accurately and thoroughly reflect business needs and change
- Document business requirements using clear, concise language consistent with the methodology framework
- Participate in special projects, e.g., conducting research, collecting and providing requested data, etc.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Creation of business process flows and defining the business problem, solution and design using various tools such as Visio
- Understanding of Alpha TLM business systems, financial industry, and system development lifecycle methodologies to support projects through their life cycle, with the emphasis on the analysis stage
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate, and collaborate across business and technical teams
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with a focus on achieving outcomes
- Experience with writing features/requirements to support micro-services
- Product Owner role experience using Agile Methodologies
- Experience with detailed mapping and transaction transformation requirements
- MS Office Products; MS Access, Visio; Jira, Confluence, PowerPoint
- A BA/BS degree in a business or technical field including Finance, Economics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years experience as a business analyst or related experience, requirements gathering, design, and development of enterprise application systems
Working knowledge of Securities, FX and Cash trade processing About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks . You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/ careers Salary Range:
$100,000 - $167,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.