We are looking for a new team member to join the Fixed Income Trading Team within State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) in Boston. You will join a dynamic, successful, collaborative team of investment professionals, trading for SSGA's fixed income portfolios, bringing market-leading solutions to our clients.
The Global Fixed Income team supports a Portfolio Management team of over 100 investment professionals, in eight global locations. The Fixed Income Trading Team transacts on behalf of over $500 billion in fixed income ETFs, mutual funds and mandates (as of June 30, 2023) across a broad spectrum of products on behalf of a wide range of clients.
State Street Global Advisors is one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company a wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors.
We employ a diverse group of investment professionals within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world both as a partner and a leader is a fundamental value at State Street. What we need you to do
Who you are:
- Work collaboratively with the Global Trading and Portfolio Management teams under the guidance of Senior Traders focusing on the execution of mortgage securities.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide the highest quality of trading input and expertise to the Portfolio Management teams.
- Manage risk effectively from a multitude of angles. Understand how important the effective management of risk is, and work closely with colleagues in investment and operational risk to improve the quality of trading outcomes that we can offer to our clients.
- Maintain the highest possible fiduciary standards.
Skill sets needed:
- Passionate about Fixed Income markets and Trading, specifically.
- Passionate about using technology to improve and innovate the way things are done.
- An organized, positive, self-starter, who wants to be part of a successful, diverse team.
- Committed to investment excellence, with strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to initiate and manage projects, problem solve and multi-task
- Ability to perform at a high-level in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Bloomberg, Tradeweb and MarketAxess
- 3+ years financial industry experience
- Bachelor's degree required
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors Salary Range:
$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.