At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
The Investment Product Lead Analyst works closely with the Sr. Strategist - Investment Product Specialist to provide support for MFS' fixed income strategies. The IPLA runs and analyzes various fixed income portfolio data and produces commentary and marketing collateral. You will also collaborate with the Sr. Strategist and investment team to maintain working knowledge of their product coverage and provides responses to client and prospect inquiries. Position ensures the development of compelling and consistent communications to maximize the department's knowledge of the markets and all of MFS' investment products, as well as the conclusions of its ongoing research and analysis of the investment products relative to the competition and applicable benchmarks.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manages all incoming inquiries on MFS' fixed income products including retail, MIL (MFS International Limited), and institutional sales channels. Partners with Sr. Strategists on these inquiries
- Runs and evaluates fixed income portfolio data, interprets performance attribution analyses, and understands investment philosophy, process, and outlook in order to formulate investment themes for client and prospect communications.
- Aids in the retention of client assets by responding to product-related inquiries from clients, consultants, professional buyers, and financial advisors in an accurate and timely manner .
- Maintains a working knowledge of a variety of fixed income sectors, including investment grade and high yield corporate credit, as well as securitized debt.
- Leads the creation of product-related materials including presentations and attribution letters. Supports the creation of other material including product profiles and competitive analysis. Responsible for the final compliance review of materials developed.
- Interfaces with other MFS groups outside of Global Product, including investment management team, Compliance, Legal, Client Service and reporting teams and manages and maintains strong relationships with these partners and internal stakeholders
- Identifies process improvements for team; identifies opportunities to increase work-flow efficiencies
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent investment industry experience, with 5-6+ years of investment marketing, product or communications experience with strong background in presenting analytical investment information as well as economic trends in the market.
- Advancement toward MBA and or CFA encouraged.
- A global perspective and/or language skills are viewed favorably.
- Working knowledge of fixed income strategies and markets.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong relationship management expertise
- Proven ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the following analytical tools recommended: Morningstar Direct, eVestment Alliance, Factset SPAR, and Bloomberg.
- Position requires appropriate license registrations in accordance with MFS' licensing policy.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.
What we offer:
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.