Who we are looking for
This is a hands-on technical role requiring extensive current experience designing and building large scale application focusing on back-end data transformation / calculation with knowledge of logical and physical database design. The ideal candidate is an experienced full stack application developer with strong problem-solving skills who can translate business requirements into technical components. The role requires a detail orientation, a passion for quality coupled with the ability to grasp tough issues quickly and deliver well engineered, high quality solutions. The role is 50% hands-on development and 50% technical leadership. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Application Developer, Lead you will
What we value
- Lead a global team of technology professionals in software development to deliver business prioritized projects/enhancements for our enterprise risk management data warehouse platform.
- Proactively work with business analysts to translate requirements into technical components. Participate in requirement clarification discussion with business as applicable.
- Engage team member to break down technical components into the implementation tasks and assign tasks based on skillset.
- Complete assigned development tasks on time with quality.
- Track deliverable progress and escalate when necessary.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and DB Engineering teams on design, upgrade, and migration applicable.
- Comply with the corporate standards and procedures in software development and maintenance initiatives.
- Help Knowledge management within team by documentation and facilitate group discussions.
- Provide Level 3 support as needed.
These skills will help you succeed in this role.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced SQL and SQL optimization working with relational database and Big Data Analytical Platform(s) such AWS Redshift, Netezza, or Snowflake
- Knowledge of Stored Procedure programming is preferred.
- Extensive programming experience in Python, exposure to programming in R is preferred.
- Past programming experience in Java, J2EE and UNIX Shell scripting is preferred.
- Experience with financial data and BI reporting tools is preferred.
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study or Business with an MIS background.
- Minimum 5 years hands on programming experience in developing and maintaining large scale applications to meet dynamic business needs.
About State Street What we do.
- Experience with risk data aggregation and risk reporting would be a plus.
- Any specific experience with data management standard methodologies, data quality controls, regional or regulatory reporting requirements is preferable.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers! Salary Range:
$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.