Who we are looking for
The Global Head of Operations and Client Service
in Global Markets is responsible for operational activities and services of State Street's trading and financing businesses worldwide. The role works with, and across, Global Markets business lines, State Street Investment Services Global Delivery and corporate partners to provide and develop operational services for core Global Markets businesses and new initiatives. The Global Head of Operations and Client Service also administers and implements Corporate and Regulatory programs.
The Global Head of Operations and Client Service manages staff of ~700 across Boston, Bangalore, Hyderabad, London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul, Taipei, Singapore, Sydney, Krakow, and Frankfurt. The position is a senior member of Global Markets Executive Management Group, reporting directly to the Head of Global Markets.
Due to the role requirements this job needs to be performed primarily in the office with some flex work opportunities available. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the Global Head of Operations and Client Service
you will be responsible for
- Delivering seamless and efficient post trade operational support (confirmation, settlement, clearing), client onboarding and data management and quality to Global Markets (Foreign Exchange, Portfolio Solutions and Financing Solutions) and Global Treasury businesses. In addition, the position is responsible for the execution of Regulatory Requirements and Corporate policies for Global Markets, which includes Regulatory Reporting, Data Governance and Model Risk.
- Continually adapting, simplifying and optimizing the organization to the needs of the business and corporation, while managing the cost base and financial commitments. The Global Head of Operations and Client Service adapts workflows and processes as well as identifies and implements technology solutions to deliver these changes.
This role represents Global Markets on various corporate level steering committees and collaborates closely with critical service partners including State Street Investment Services Global Delivery, Compliance, Risk, Technology, Finance, Legal and Human Resources.
Will consider candidates from Boston OR London OR Bangalore/ India OR Krakow/ Poland locations. What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Lead large, diverse, multi-facetted high performing team to create a destination for top talent
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of all business, regulatory and client deliverables across all products
- Focus on client outcomes, problem solving, cooperating and communicating with the rest of the organization to achieve shared success
- Improve operational workflow design leveraging technology to enhance productivity and drive automation and efficiency globally
- Continue to advance the culture and mindset of Risk Excellence
- Review the organization and design and implement a functional and location strategy to optimize services, costs, and risk reduction.
- Collaborate with Global Markets executives to align priorities and expectations across the division and organization
- Foster employee engagement initiatives amongst the global team - maintaining a significantly above internal/external benchmarks for employee experience
- Collaborative and active ongoing engagement with stakeholders including business partners, regulators and auditors to ensure integrated cohesive results
- Engage with enterprise information management and technology to influence data governance to support data integrity
- Ability to influence colleagues to support business goals
- Capability to identify key performance and productivity metrics for evaluating effectiveness against objectives
- 15+ years' experience in capital markets - risk, operations or finance background preferred
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate a high-functioning, diverse global team to deliver results
- Deep operational expertise and experience related to capital markets products, operational and market risk, industry best practices, technology/operational platforms, regulatory regimes, etc.
- Ability to drive change management while overseeing multiple complex and resource constrained projects with tight deadlines
- Attentive to detail with an ability to look critically at a problem and propose solutions
- Strong commercial mindset and ability to break down barriers to achieve outcomes
- Undergraduate degree preferred or relevant/comparable professional qualification
- Travel up to 25% may be required
#SSGM Salary Range:
$225,000 - $337,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.