Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, and Sydney. As of June 30, 2023, the firm managed approximately US$99 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad. Position Overview:
The Operations Specialist will be a member of the Portfolio Control group focused on support and oversight of both Acadian's outsourced relationships and internal clients. The Operations Specialist will be primarily responsible for all aspects related to the corporate oversight, fund administration, portfolio accounting, onboarding and proxy voting for accounts under management at Acadian. The Specialist will act as an individual contributor with daily and monthly responsibilities as well as participation on specific projects and initiatives. Specific responsibilities include monitoring daily bank feeds, preparing regulatory/compliance/tax filings, setting fund budgets, overseeing shareholder accounting, proxy voting and audited financial statement preparation, completion of market and account opening documentation while providing operational support to internal parties.
Acadian supports a hybrid work environment, employees are on-site in the Boston office 3 days a week. What You'll Do: Corporate Oversight
- Prepare regulatory/compliance/tax filings, research/resolve any breaches, reconcile proxy voting reports, work with external auditors and banks to prepare the audited financial statements and respond to inquires from external and internal parties Fund Administration
- Instruct payments on behalf of Acadian funds, process invoices, set budgets and daily accruals for expenses, provide expense ratios and proformas New Account Setup
- Prepare documentation to open in global markets, complete custodian welcome packages, complete internal system setups, and act as a liaison between stakeholders Portfolio Accounting
- Oversee the portfolio accounting, custody and the middle office functions. Ensure all market values are accurate and review performance. Work with the custodians to ensure an effective working relationship and to secure proper attention and maintenance of client accounts. Operational Strategy
- Find strategic opportunities to reduce cost, add efficiency, and add value internally. We're Looking for Teammates With:
Why Work Here:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, Economics, or another financial related degree preferred.
- At least two years of fund accounting, operations or related Investment Management experience
- A strong analytical background and knowledge of financial accounting principles.
- Must be proficient in MS Office 365 with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, capable of managing multiple competing deadlines, able to work within a team-orientated environment, as well as independently, and comfortable dealing with confidential information
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving skills and willingness to assume additional responsibilities within group
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency. We offer a casual office environment, top-notch benefits, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
To apply for this position or view Acadian's open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at: http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/Job-opportunities. We will contact only selected candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at email@example.com.
Acadian Asset Management LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.