Rating Analyst, US Corporate Ratings The Team / The Business:
When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to participate in meetings with senior corporate executives and investors. What we are looking for:
As a Rating analyst, you are working as part of a sector team within the Corporate Ratings group. Under the guidance of senior analysts, a qualified Rating analyst typically supports the sector team on its ongoing surveillance of a portfolio of rated corporate issuers and performs basic fundamental credit analysis, forecasting, and industry analysis. With experience, a high performing Rating analyst will provide support on more complex issuers and transactions, as well as provide input to financial models and written analysis used for committee reviews and external publications. We expect our strong Rating analysts to become primary analysts with their own credit list within a sector team over time.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in an environment of continuous improvement and high customer service standards while adhering to established ratings criteria, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate is expected to study for the CFA and/or complete an MBA over time. Successful candidates for U.S. locations must have authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely. Sponsorship is not available for this position. What's in it for you:
- Supportive and flexible work environment within a team of 15-20 analysts (per sector) with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Hybrid work schedule with 2-3 days in the office once trained up.
- Interesting work with unparalleled exposure to senior management of large US corporates
- Encouragement and financial support to complete the CFA or an MBA
- Good progression opportunities for strong performers
- Bachelor's degree (business/quantitative discipline preferred)
- Progress towards the CFA or MBA is a benefit
- 1-2 years of relevant analytical or credit risk analysis work experience
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
- Ability to quickly absorb, analyze, and act upon information, while demonstrating strong proficiency with figures, accuracy and be detail-oriented while complying with deadlines.
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution. English communication skills should be strong - both verbal and written.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work under time pressure.
- Strong team player - the ability to work in a deal-driven, collaborative work environment is critical.
- Must have ability to think independently and critically.
- Self-starter, motivated, intellectually curious
- Coachable; open to receiving and providing feedback. Genuine desire for personal development
• At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
• S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
• By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
• With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 09 The Location:
Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Washington, DC; Denver, CO Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $58,300 to $115,850 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement : S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
291687 Posted On:
Boston, Massachusetts, United States