Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, and Sydney. As of March 31, 2023, the firm managed approximately US$97 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.Position Overview:
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled IT professional to join Acadian as an IT Team Lead. In this role, you will play a crucial part in supporting Acadian's Global Client Group, which includes Business Development, Client Service, Client Reporting, Marketing collateral production, RFP Writing, and Client Communications. As the Team Lead, you will oversee a small team of software engineers and take on both managerial and hands-on responsibilities to ensure the successful development, delivery, and maintenance of technology solutions and services across the Client Group. You will have the opportunity to work directly with our business partners and other IT teams to drive innovation and contribute to the overall strategic goals of the firm. You will be a mentor and support team members, fostering a collaborative and high-performing environment. The position is a member of an agile IT Delivery Team and reports to the SVP, Senior Manager of Global Client Group Systems.
Acadian supports a hybrid work environment, employees are on-site in the Boston office 3 days a week.What You'll Do:
We're Looking for Teammates With:
- Provide effective leadership and guidance to a team of software engineers and business analysts that develop, enhance, and support various Client Engagement solutions, primarily client reporting and marketing collateral production, but also CRM support and integration
- Collaborate closely with internal business partners and other IT Teams from different disciplines to meet objectives
- Engage directly with end users, employing excellent communication and analytical skills to understand their requirements and provide effective solutions
- Ensure the implementation of approved technologies that align with Acadian's cloud-first technical architecture, customer`s business plans, and long-term strategy
- Help the company advance toward its target architecture and development practices and retire legacy applications
- Establish and maintain continuous delivery pipelines to automate the deployment and integration of components across different projects
- Participate in the analysis, development, enhancement, and maintenance of internal and client reports and the API's that deliver data
- Investigate and resolve issues impacting our production environment
- Perform story creation and grooming and develop acceptance criteria as an agile team; Run daily stand-ups, manage the backlog, and organize sprints to ensure alignment with business partner expectations
- Set clear objectives, provide guidance, and mentor team members to maximize their potential and professional growth
Why Work Here:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or related field; 5+ years of solid experience in software development, systems integration, and troubleshooting
- Relevant work experience in the asset management / financial service industry required, specifically supporting information delivery, application support, and integration efforts
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack (.NET Core, C#) with emphasis on the backend technologies
- Working knowledge of investment management data and data transformation/ETL practices; Experience with Relational Databases, ideally SQL Server, and SQL Stored Procedures. Snowflake experience is a plus
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD, DevOps, and PowerShell Script; Experience with the Specflow Behavior Driven Development framework for .Net or other Test Driven Development framework
- Cloud exposure, preferably AWS and EC2, S3, and Terraform
- Experience in Agile methodologies and tools, including Jira and Confluence
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: Microservice Architecture, Containers, Secrets Management, IaC, Splunk or New Relic
- Experience with SS&C's Vision FI client reporting application or similar product is highly desired (e.g. Vermillion, Kurtosys, Coric); Experience with Salesforce, Seismic, or Qvidian is a plus
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to manage and motivate a team, facilitate effective communication, and build strong relationships
- A self-starter that takes initiative and thrives in a collaborative, collegial environment
- Ability to analyze challenging systems integration and information delivery problems and develop creative solution
- Ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner and work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Must be available occasionally for after-hours deployments and support
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency. We offer a casual office environment, top-notch benefits, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
To apply for this position or view Acadian's open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at: http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/Job-opportunities . We will contact only selected candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at email@example.com.
Acadian Asset Management LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.