Ameriprise is seeking a dynamic & experienced Technical Product Manager to lead Marketing Automation and Client Experience platforms supporting Columbia Threadneedle - US Marketing. As a technology leader, they will strive to continuously improve our Martech stack by deploying fit-for-purpose solutions that enhance the customer experience across all digital channels. This role will enable business teams to drive operational efficiency, faster campaign execution, improved data-driven decision-making and ultimately driving timely and impactful digital engagements by leveraging the evolving technology at a faster pace. Key Responsibilities
- Technology Lead for growing MarTech stack that includes Marketing Automation, Personalization, Social, Events and Client Experience Platforms
- Hands-on role specializing in Marketing Cloud technology with expertise in Salesforce CRM data integrations.
- Integral part of cross-functional, Digital Customer Experience (DICE) Agile team led by Digital Marketing.
- Collaborate & ideate with leads & members of DICE team (marketing, creative, data & analytics and extended CRM team & data ecosystem) to design & develop data-driven campaigns & personalization experiences across channels.
- Manage a team of developers based in US and India and deliver to technology roadmap & backlog of DICE team.
- Collaborate with Website and Mobile technology teams to deliver cross channel personalization experiences.
- Manage Marketing Data and Analytics integrations.
- Partner closely with business leaders, technologists, information management, analytics, operations, interface designers, training, info security and compliance teams to deliver innovative, reliable, secure & compliant solutions to deliver best-in-class digital customer experience.
- Identify process optimization & automation opportunities, make deliberate effort to align architecture & design globally. Communicate frequently to business leadership to ensure needs are understood and IT updates are communicated on a consistent basis.
- Champion and ensure compliance with organizational standards, practices, and methodologies. Hold teams accountable for following and implementing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and quality management framework for projects.
- Participate in the annual budget and financial planning process for assigned organization, technical assets, and related projects.
- Contribute to strategy and develop product roadmap with deep understanding of business needs, industry trends, evolving technology landscape (internal and external).
- Act as a product evangelist, ideate and lead the art-of-possible conversations.
- Oversee annual asset health and security assessments and incorporate output into the development strategy.
- Deliver operational excellence through development, formal release schedules and release management processes, service level agreements (SLAs), problem resolution through system monitoring, and change management.
- Effectively oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure that solution design and delivery meet business requirements and expectations regarding cost, schedule, and scope.
- Collaborate with the enterprise procurement team to ensure appropriate procurement processes are followed and to assist in effective management of vendor relationships.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- 7-10+ years of experience in technology and/or software development, progressing in complexity and responsibility.
- 3-5+ years of leadership experience, including demonstrated success delivering business and technical roadmaps by leading technical teams and executing with outsourced/vendor partner environment (both on and off-shore).
- Technical experience with DevSecOps, CICD pipelines, Unit testing, and performance testing.
- 3 - 5+ years in Agile methodologies.
About Our Company
- 7+ years' experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, CRM (required).
- 3+ years' experience with Interaction Studio, Customer data platform
- Deep understanding of best practices related to omni-channel customer experiences & technology landscape connecting data ecosystems Understanding of AWS cloud services is a plus.
- Experience participating in the financial planning process (departmental and/or project).
- Highly effective communication skills that includes the ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in delivering technical solutions through both vendor (on- and off-shore) and employee resources.
- Proven success in the design/delivery of complex, best-in-class enterprise-level software applications.
- 2-3+ Years of managing financial budgets.
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world. Base Pay Salary
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Technology Line of Business