At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. ABOUT MFS AND THE ROLE :
MFS is an investment management firm representing retail and institutional clients worldwide. Founded in 1924, we have a global footprint of investment professionals and manage more than $550 billion in equity and fixed income assets.
Our mission is to allocate capital responsibly on behalf of our clients. We engage in that mission by investing in equity and fixed income securities that we believe will outperform throughout an economic cycle. As a result, we focus on understanding all the financially material factors that are critical to the long-term success of the companies we own.
MFS' integration strategy is not based on creating new ESG products or implementing exclusions. Instead, we focus on conducting rigorous, security-level analysis that allows us to develop a nuanced understanding of the financially material sustainability risks and opportunities facing each issuer. As a result, MFS' sustainability team-which has always been part of our investment team-plays an integral role in each step of the investment decision making (including proxy voting) process, collaborating daily with other investment professionals to drive the best long-term outcomes for our clients.
Initially, this role will be focused on responsibilities related to MFS' proxy voting activities; however, over time, the ability to conduct sustainability research and company engagements are expected to become part of the role. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Analyzing voting items put forth in corporate proxy statements, communicating information and recommendations on key votes among the broader investment team
- Ensuring the timely and accurate voting of all proxy ballot items, including the recording of details on key votes for use by our investment and distribution teams
- Identifying and implementing operational and controls-related improvements
- Collaborating with MFS' research analysts and portfolio managers to integrate voting and engagement activity into the team's investment decision making
- Conducting select engagement meetings with companies, working with the broader investment team on issues to be discussed
- Track and appraise climate commitments at focus companies within area of responsibility.
- Overseeing and aiding the production of MFS' sustainability, regulatory, funds board, RFP, SRD II, and other client and regulatory reports
- Contribute to MFS' proxy voting committee
- Over time, work towards a greater share of sustainability research and engagement activity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Demonstrated interest and experience in sustainable investing, voting, and/or engagement
- Process-oriented mindset, able to adhere to strict practices and guidelines for entering votes and reporting on votes/engagements
- Ability to independently research and analyze topics via multiple angles, identifying viable alternatives, and effectively communicating decisions
- Collaborative mindset
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.