Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment, a Registered Investment Advisor based in Los Angeles, is currently searching for a Research Analyst. This position reports directly to our Head of Investment Research.
The Research Analyst will assess industry dynamics, identify competitively advantaged businesses, perform financial analysis, write research reports, and make investment recommendations.
The candidate should feel comfortable with both growth and value investment methods as well as understanding of accounting standards. We have a disciplined long-term-oriented, investment style emphasizing high- quality stocks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform extensive fundamental research on public companies.
- Understand various business models within an industry and compare and contrast their relative strengths and weaknesses; ability to identify competitive advantages.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of industry sectors.
- Perform extensive financial analysis.
- Prepare research reports as well as written and verbal presentations on research findings. Make portfolio recommendations based on findings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with investor contacts, including Wall Street brokers and analysts, company contacts, and client contacts.
- Perform other duties as required by Portfolio Managers or Management.
- 3-5 years of domestic equity analysis experience required.
- Experience with U.S Small, Mid and/or Large Cap public Companies a plus Knowledge of accounting and financial statements; ability to interpret financial information into a qualitative business evaluation.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Experience with Excel, Bloomberg, and/or FactSet. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or CFA is preferred.
In addition to health insurance, Vacation, PTO benefits and a generous 401(k) company match, KAR is proud to offer its employees benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account with a Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts including Dependent Care
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 24-Hour Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Paid Family Care Time
- Paid Volunteer days
- Gym onsite
- Paid Parking
- Fully stocked kitchen- lunch provided.
- Hybrid 3/2 remote- subject to change
KAR is made up of diverse, talented, and passionate employees working together to achieve a common and rewarding goal: providing high quality investment strategies and wealth solutions for our clients. We are currently seeking candidates who possess the skills, vision, and determination to excel in their chosen fields.
Awarded Best Firm Culture at the 2022 PAM Awards, KAR maintains a team-oriented culture of accessibility, open communication, and respect. We believe in empowering and growing our people and are excited to be hiring.
KAR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For additional information on Kayne Anderson Rudnick, please access the firm’s web site at www.kayne.com.
Salary Range: $130,000- $155,000 + Bonus eligible
The starting salary offer will vary based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity, and alignment with market data.