At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
Using discretion and judgment, focused on building mathematical and data analytical models to support the Investments and Trading functions for MFS Investments, a leading diversified multi-asset Investment management firm. This Engineer will build innovative solutions leveraging the concepts and models from the Applied Math, Statistics and Data Sciences. These custom solutions will be used to enhance investment implementation process, optimize trading costs, and gain operational efficiencies. This position will work closely with the trading teams, investment personnel, systems analysts, and architects in building quantitative solutions.
In addition, the candidate needs to display deep interest in the investment or trading functions, strong analytical skills, and intellectual curiosity. We expect the candidate to have strong communication and collaborative skills to be able to work with various stakeholders on the investments, trading, and technology teams. Contribute to a variety of phases during the software development lifecycle with a focus on creating software at an advanced level with an adherence to standards and internal best practices. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Is accountable for meeting assigned project objectives including timelines and internal standards. Works on the most complex projects and provides innovative suggestions for solutions.
- Provides technical support to sustain a highly efficient and reliable technology environment across the trading markets.
- Keeps technical skills up to date with a strong desire to evaluate new products and technologies. Makes recommendations and pursues the adoption of such products and technologies.
- Receives broad goals and overall objectives from Product Owners and collaborates with technology teams under MFS's agile framework in achieving those goals.
- Develops, enforces, and maintains MFS Information Security controls, procedures, and standards.
- 2-5+ years professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in data sciences or Applied Math or Statistics with significant programming experience; Or Computer Sciences with strong Math background.
- Excellent coding skills in Python (preferable) or R; Familiarity with using relational and nonrelational databases.
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills using complex, high-volume, and high dimensionality data, preferably in the Investment management industry.
- Understanding of advanced analytics, statistical and data science techniques. Demonstrated experience implementing models using large data sets.
- Self-starter, and ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with traders, portfolio managers and business analysts.
- Strong interest in the Investment management and Trading functions.
- Experience working within a mature SDLC model; working closely with BA and QA teams as well as end users to drive solutions to completion
- Familiarity with financial industry data (Bloomberg, , tick level data, etc.)
- Keen interest to learn new technologies and experiment with innovative solutions.
- Familiarity with the data visualization (Tableau and charting libraries).
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure) and technology capabilities.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment, i.e.. automated build and code scanning is preferred.
- Experience with open-source data analysis packages (Spark, Pandas, Numpy, Scipy) preferred
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.