Job Description: Employer: DWS Group Title: Senior Legal Counsel Location: Boston, Massachusetts Job Code:
#LI-LL1 #LI-02 About DWS:
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers. Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with approximately 3,900 employees in offices all over the world, we are local while being one global team. We are investors - entrusted to build the best foundation for our clients' future. Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills & Experience:
- General duties include asset management contractual, regulatory and legal issues (e.g., Investment Company Act issues).
- Provide advice to investment personnel and business management on legal and regulatory requirements and provide ongoing support to the compliance department and assist with regulatory examinations.
- Prepare and file ETF and open-end SEC registration statements (Forms N-1A and N-14), update and file ETF and open-end registration statements and prepare, review and/or file related documents (e.g. N-CEN, N-CSR, supplements, summaries).
- Liaise/coordinate with local counsel on World Sky matters
- Draft and file proxy statements for fund proxy solicitations.
- Review of fund shareholder reports and, as necessary, fund marketing materials.
- Prepare and/or negotiate derivative and other trading agreements (e.g. ISDAs, repurchase agreements, etc.) on behalf of ETFs and retail funds. Participate in global working groups related to implementation of regulatory changes. Coordinate with fund counsel as appropriate with respect to such agreements.
- Draft, review and negotiate fund and other agreements, including service provider agreements and licensing agreements.
- Assist in the preparation or review of certain Board materials, including Board memoranda relating to product and legal and regulatory matters.
- Assist in drafting fund policies and procedures within the framework of regulatory and legal compliance.
- Draft and file, or assist in preparation of, exemptive applications or requests for no-action relief.
- Participate in or represent legal department on various internal or external committee meetings.
What we'll offer you:
- Requires a J.D. from a reputable law school with a minimum of 6+ years' experience as a lawyer in a mid to large firm, the government or in the legal department of a financial services company.
- Candidate should have an asset management background (e.g., mutual funds, etc.) and significant experience with the Investment Company Act of 1940. Knowledge of derivatives matters and/or fund governance matters is preferred.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication and relationship-building skills are required.
- Must be able to work effectively and independently in a demanding, fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently while maintaining the highest standards and attention to detail.
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
How we'll support you:
- Competitive Salary and Matched 401K Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Time Away plus Bank Holidays
- Health and Life Insurance Plans for you and your family
- Work/Life Balance Programs including Adoption/Surrogacy/Infertility Assistance, Backup Care through Bright Horizons, Phase Back to Work and Support for New Mothers
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, Commuter Discounts and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support wide-ranging volunteer programs, + 1 day volunteering leave per year, matched personal donations to non-profit organizations dollar-for-dollar, up to $5,000
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
It is DWS's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the office in accordance with the firm's hybrid working model.
DWS provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion. DWS Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Privacy Statement
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. Click here to view DWS' Privacy Notice.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .