Job Description: Employer:
DWS Group Title:
Senior Legal Analyst Location:
Boston About DWS:
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 833bn of assets under management (as of 30 June 2022). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with approximately 3,500 employees in offices all over the world, we are local while being one global team. We are investors - entrusted to build the best foundation for our clients' future. Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills & Experience:
- Provide review and drafting support for fund disclosure and reporting documents, working with an assigned attorney and in a document production tool, for mutual fund and ETF SEC registration statements (including, but not limited to, prospectuses, statements of additional information, supplements and Part Cs).
- Distribute SEC registration documents for comment; analyze, process and resolve comments; and escalate to in-house attorney and/or manager, as appropriate, issues and proposed solutions.
- Finalize SEC registration documents for print, electronic distribution as well as SEC filing; coordinate with all appropriate parties in the timely production of those documents.
- Review fund disclosure and reporting documents (including, but not limited to, annual and semi-annual reports, N-CENs, etc.).
- Coordinate with service providers and internal parties (board governance, tax, compliance, product, portfolio management, senior management) in obtaining and/or finalizing data and disclosure for all documents.
- Manage disclosure projects that benefit the team (e.g., Board templates, standard language).
- Complete complex projects as assigned, including new fund launches. Communicate status of these projects while appropriately escalating issues, along with proposed resolutions, to the manager.
- Assist in the review of certain Board materials, including Board memoranda relating to product matters.
What we'll offer you:
- Requires a BA/BS with a minimum of 5+ years' of SEC Registration process or corporate/securities paralegal experience, preferably in the legal department of a financial services company or with a fund administrator.
- Candidate should have an asset management background (e.g., mutual funds, etc.) and experience with the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Experience working in a prospectus document management system is preferred.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication, attention to detail and relationship-building skills are required.
- Must be flexible and be able to work effectively and independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently while maintaining the highest standards and attention to detail.
- Work collaboratively with others; exhibit strong teamwork skills.
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
How we'll support you:
- Competitive Salary and Matched 401K Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Time Away plus Bank Holidays
- Health and Life Insurance Plans for you and your family
- Work/Life Balance Programs including Adoption/Surrogacy/Infertility Assistance, Backup Care through Bright Horizons, Phase Back to Work and Support for New Mothers
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, Commuter Discounts and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support wide-ranging volunteer programs, + 1 day volunteering leave per year, matched personal donations to non-profit organizations dollar-for-dollar, up to $5,000
DWS is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter. It is DWS's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Boston office in accordance with the firm's hybrid working model. At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. DWS provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .