PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
Do you love to learn? Do you enjoy problem solving? Do you like to innovate? Then this is an exciting opportunity for you to work in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace with a diverse group of highly motivated and intelligent professionals. The Portfolio Compliance team performs holdings-level analysis to detect any guideline breaches in client and fund portfolios and monitor all outstanding compliance issues from time of breach through resolution. The Analyst will have broad exposure to the entire Investment Compliance process. Individuals in this position will have frequent interaction with a variety of groups at all levels of seniority including other teams within Legal & Compliance, Technology, Account Management, Product Strategy and the Trade Floor.
On a given day, your responsibilities might include:
- Analyzing account transactions and portfolio holdings in order to conduct full compliance verification for all public funds and separate accounts
- Collaborating with Account and Portfolio Management to resolve outstanding compliance issues.
- Preparing relevant client reporting
- Researching and addressing various inquiries related to investment guidelines
- Participating in numerous ad hoc projects such as process improvements, scenario analysis, and technology testing.
You will excel in this role if you:
- Hold a strong sense of honesty and integrity
- Learn and adapt to new processes, concepts, and skills quickly
- Exhibit a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Display a desire to take initiative and contribute to the department and the organization
You will need this experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics preferred)
- 0 - 3 years of professional experience in compliance or the investment management industry
- Basic knowledge of the global equity and fixed income markets, including an understanding of financial products such as bonds, equities, and derivatives.
- Intermediate/advanced working knowledge of MS Excel.
Lastly, here are additional qualifications that are helpful, but not required:
- Experience monitoring portfolios in a compliance system is ideal
- Knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940, UCITS, or other common legal/regulatory practices is a plus
- Exposure to querying, particularly with SQL and Business Objects
- Experience with Bloomberg, MS Access and VBA
- CFA designation or active status in the CFA program is a plus
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 71,500.00 - $ 78,500.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.