Our Global Markets business offers sales and trading services, including research, to institutional clients across fixed-income, credit, currency, and commodity and equity businesses. Global Markets product coverage includes securities and derivative products in both the primary and secondary markets. Job Description
Bank of America is committed to fostering an environment that promotes diverse talent and perspectives. Our Sophomore Analyst Program is an integral part of our commitment to equity and inclusion by hiring top campus talent from groups who have been historically underrepresented in financial services. While our goal is to increase hiring of underrepresented groups, all eligible students regardless of background are encouraged to apply.
This program experience will be packed with training sessions and networking opportunities where you ' ll experience our commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment firsthand. You ' ll gain unique insights into how our line of businesses work and explore the range of career possibilities at Bank of America.
- Analysts will receive continued on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects during their internship.
- Analysts will have many opportunities to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors and diverse senior managers through team-building sessions and other organized events.
- As an analyst you will also have the support of a mentor and buddy who can help you navigate the workplace and ensure you are best positioned for success.
- The program timing is structured as two -10-week internships over the course of 2 consecutive summers. Upon successful completion of the first internship, analysts will be offered placement into the junior program the following year.
We believe Bank of America can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury and liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities. Responsibilities
Our program includes formal training and assignments in Global Markets product areas. Extensive training followed by rotations in fixed income and/or equity markets and exposure to different functions in sales, trading, origination, and structuring/quantitative analysis. As a summer analyst your responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with sales, trading, and hedging activities
- Helping to originate, structure, and model transactions
- Assessing market trends and provide quantitative data for clients
- Performing market and quantitative research analysis
- Assisting in structuring, pricing, and executing trades
- Handling day-to-day transaction needs, including reconciliation, and clearing services
- Assisting in developing new products and bringing them to market
- Assisting in educating clients about complex structures and technical products
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a bachelor ' s degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2025 and June 2026
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- Mathematics, engineering, statistics, or programming background a plus
- Extensive Excel and modeling skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and willingness to ask tough questions
- Good judgment and business sense
- Solid leadership, team, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Can multitask and prioritize in a demanding environment
- Able to generate complex solutions across multiple product platforms
- Strong interest in global financial markets
- Highly motivated with a drive to succeed
- Keen interest in complex structures
- Adapts easily to constantly changing environment
- A track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Coding Proficiency in Python would be preferred
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.