Job Description What we are looking for
A dynamic Business Analyst to assist SSGA's investment teams with core activities related to the implementation of the Firm's multi year front office technology strategy. These activities may include business analysis on investment processes; issue resolution management; enhancement and post-implementation features process management; providing and/ or coordinating subject matter expertise for internal and external technology product development teams and test case development and deployment.
The ideal candidate will bring a natural curiosity to learn about all aspects of SSGA's business and be able to leverage that knowledge to ensure the investment teams' project requirements are understood and met. Why This Role Is Important To Us
The Front Office Business Analyst will provide problem solving expertise along with some project management capabilities to support the implementation of the State Street Alpha platform within State Street Global Advisors. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in all phases of this multiyear transformation project that touches all aspects of SSGA. Responsibilities
What We Value
- Identify, develop and deploy process improvements leading to efficiency gains and/or operational risk reduction across the investment platform.
- Create, manage and Interpret end user requirements and work to meet those needs by working with cross functional teams and offer assistance and advice on implementation.
- Resolve and escalate project and operational issues in a timely fashion.
- Interpret project needs and work to meet those needs.
- Serve as a liaison between investment teams and various IT development and testing teams.
- Provide business requirements and analysis to internal and external clients on current and future state operating models.
- Work with Investment Managers and Traders on smaller, development projects.
- Lead meetings/workshops to explain and walk through business requirements.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal policies and procedures, as well as provide input to further development of best practices.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and analysis skills to help build solutions for the investment teams.
- Outstanding influencing skills to unify and collaborate with varied teams
- Initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Strong relationship-building skills particularly in a globally dispersed, hybrid team
- Sense of urgency when performing tasks and projects; ability to respond to shifting priorities
- Effectively communicate progress and escalations
- Be a team player yet display a culture of individual ownership of tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, computer science, or other business-related field of study
- 5+ years of experience working within an investment firm in a technology, front office or software related role
- PC Skills - Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc), Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Charles River Investment Management System
- MBA/MSF and/or CFA are helpful
$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.