About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
Wellington Management views technology as a critical asset that needs to be effectively managed to allow us to continually exceed the investment and service expectations of our clients. It is an important goal that our clients and employees be able to readily access and utilize our critical data. The Firm has made the strategic decision to invest in our Alternatives business and is therefore creating this position in the technology team under one single, senior, accountable person. We are seeking an experienced leader to develop and implement a multi-faceted strategy that will transform Wellington into having market-leading technology across all of our processes, enabling portfolio management and operational teams as well as automation initiatives, and operational efficiency objectives.
Significant collaboration and influencing skills will be required to engage senior management and stakeholders from multiple levels of the Firm to align, drive adoption and deliver on the vision. The Director, Alternatives Technology will work collaboratively with various internal working groups and stakeholders, including the Alternatives Leadership Team, and the Technology Leadership Team.
The responsibilities and expectations of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Technology Strategy - Provide bold strategic vision and leadership for all aspects of the technology to support the dynamic and growing Alternatives business.
- Technology Roadmap - The roadmap should yield tangible business value, including enhanced client service, business growth, timely response to data queries, data security, and reduction of risk due to inaccurate or mis-used data.
- Talent Management - Directly oversee the team of resources across the Americas, Europe and APAC geographies. Fill gaps in knowledge and skills through targeted hiring.
- Industry Expertise - Bring industry expertise to the business and technology teams on best-in-class solutions for Alternatives workflows.
- Stakeholder Management - Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with business and technology leaders across the firm. Work with key stakeholders to ensure a strong understanding and adoption of the roadmap.
- Industry Network - Establish an external network of peers to inform the strategy and influence negotiations.
- Results-oriented leader with a proven track record of leading technology transformation initiatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed to collaborate, negotiate and influence effectively with all stakeholders at the firm.
- Understanding of asset management industry with a focus in multi-strategy hedge funds, fund of funds, or other liquid alternative strategies is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with best in class data strategy design.
- Familiarity with alternatives vendor landscape (Coremont, Enfusion, Imagine, Calypso, Beacon, Orchestrade. MAIA, Broadridge Paladyne or similar)
- Experience with vendor relationship management and handling of large-scale software and services contract negotiations.
The Director, Alternatives Technology position will be based in one of these three locations - Wellington's office in Boston, MA, NYC, or London, UK
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 100,000 - 225,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)