Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges through solutions, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged professionals are essential to our success.
Our commitment to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Position Overview The Investor Servicing and Fund Order Services Product organization is recruiting for a seasoned Program Manager to execute on complex cross functional programs that are to be led from the Product organization but have impacts across State Street. The role will report into the Head of Investor Services and Fund Order Service Product Management. State Street's product organization is leading an exciting period of transformation for the business and requires experienced leaders in product development to engage across the organization and ensure delivery against a multi-year complex program of change.
Who we are looking for The candidate chosen for this role will serve as a Product and Program Manager in the Investor Servicing product area, with a focus on our Fund Order Services implementation program. As a Product and Program Manager, you will be responsible for executing the vision for the product and collaborating with all stakeholders to manage and prioritize requirements to deliver incremental business value.
Why this role is important to us The implementation of our new Fund Order Services (FOS) platform is a multi-year program which will provide best-in-class fund execution and settlement capabilities for State Street. The modernized platform and workflows will be fully integrated in our Alpha, custody and fund accounting platforms and allow for a scalable and risk-reduced order execution. This role is central to delivering that value.
Primary Responsibilities As Program Manager you will lead complex cross functional projects that are critical to the success of the business and may have impact across multiple State Street lines of business, clients, regulators and agents. Investor Servicing and Fund Order Services is currently undergoing transformation as an industry level with several programs underway that will have broad impact across the industry. As the Product and Program Manager, you will:
- Drive and monitor the execution of the multi-year implementation program
- Prepare and lead Steering Committees and Executive Operations Risk committees
- Create and communicate product roadmap
- Partner with technology and operations teams to deliver incremental business value aligned with the overall implementation schedule
- Manage and prioritize demand to deliver maximum value for all stakeholders, monitor and manage budget vs actuals
- Create and manage reporting as needed
- Create product collaterals
- Implement a robust governance structure ensuring proper oversight of activities within the function
- Work through TPRM and procurement processes and support other Investor Servicing initiatives
- Framing the strategic impact of the program on State Street and its clients
- Establishing governance for the program including senior stakeholder management across the organization
- Financial planning and securing the required resourcing for programs
- Project planning and accountability for the status of the program
- Project execution, including setting up the required streams of work and work stream leadership
- Organization planning to ensure operational readiness
- Working with Technology to deliver on build design and execution
- What we value
- These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong collaboration and project management skills
- Ability to manage through complex issues and realign priorities toward core deliverables to ensure objectives are achieved
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to work across business and technology teams
- Strong prioritization management and resource management skills
Job Requirements and Minimum Qualifications
- 7+ years' financial services experience; Fund Order Services or Investor Servicing experience preferred
- Exceptional program management skills backed by relevant qualifications
- Experience in managing change in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strong communication skills and comfortable managing across organizations at both senior and junior levels to get programs complete
- Strong completer / finisher
- Prior experience of successfully delivering change in a complex environment whilst managing competing priorities
- Operated at a global level
- Prior experience working in Operations, Risk and/or technology
- Consultative experience working with institutional investors
- Strong team leadership and management skills
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$170,000 - $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.