Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, and Sydney. As of December 31, 2022, the firm managed approximately US$93 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.Position Overview:
The Performance and Attribution Group is charged with ensuring prompt, accurate data, calculation and reporting for all portfolios and composites, as well as other performance-related analytics for a variety of purposes. The Performance & Attribution Manager is responsible for a broad scope of duties, with a strong focus on performance related data and technology. The Manager will be working closely with the Performance & Attribution, Director and team members on a daily basis, and partnering with many internal stakeholders across the firm. The ideal candidate will be a demonstrated leader within the industry, and an effective player-coach, having a strong portfolio accounting background, performance, attribution, investment knowledge, as well as data analytical skills. A quick learner with strong system and technical skills, great attention to detail, project management and communication skills, with the ability to work across teams to create efficiencies and streamline processes.
Acadian supports a hybrid work environment, employees are on-site in the Boston office 2 days a week.What You'll Do:
We're Looking for Teammates With:
- Monitor daily activities and performance processes, implementing effective controls on data: Review and validate benchmark, accounting, performance/attribution data to ensure proper sourcing, quality output, and assist in issue resolution.
- Lead and assist in management and development of staff, providing feedback, setting and achieving goals.
- Actively engage with members across the firm to drive best practices and improve on our software and systems strategy to support our growing business.
- Lead projects across the firm, contributing expertise in relation to systems, processes, and best practices.
- Provide consultation to internal clients in formulating appropriate responses to client requests. Provide qualitative and quantitative attribution analysis as requested.
- Identify improvements to existing processes to further gain operational efficiency and productivity, striving to improve technology, and solutions.
- Oversee processes on performance and attribution calculations, data quality, and enhance existing frameworks.
- Supplement system-based performance and attribution calculations by writing and executing custom calculations, attribution, and contribution reports as needed.
Why Work Here:
- Graduate degree in finance, math, or other analytical discipline, and/or CIPM/CFA progress preferred.
- At least 7 years of performance and attribution experience, including implementing, evaluating, and upgrading performance and attribution platforms and technologies; prior management experience.
- Knowledge of the broader investment cycle (end-to-end operational processes) that impact performance and attribution.
- Experience with third-party performance and attribution systems such as BISAM's B-One strongly preferred.
- Proven programming knowledge and experience. Proficient with SQL in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Passion for performance, attribution, risk, and investments.
- Knowledge and experience on enterprise data management and data quality controls / validation frameworks.
- Ability to prototype complex investment products data mapping / validation checks and troubleshoot programming-based tools.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and extensive problem-solving skills.
- Must be flexible, able to work independently and within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency. We offer a casual office environment, top-notch benefits, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
To apply for this position or view Acadian's open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at: http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/Job-opportunities . We will contact only selected candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at email@example.com.
Acadian Asset Management LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.