The Tax Center of Excellence ("CoE") is responsible for the oversight of tax compliance for State Street Global Advisors' products globally.
The CoE provides tax compliance oversight for SSGA's mutual funds and ETFs ensuring that funds qualify as regulated investment companies under the Internal Revenue Code. It handles US withholding tax on non-US clients, tax reclaims for certain clients invested in certain countries and the documentation of treaty rates applicable to clients. It supports global products by providing tax research and support for our non-US investment products, including Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act ("FATCA") and Common Reporting Standards ("CRS") guidance. It also provides oversight of the tax return and K-1 preparation processes (where applicable) for common and collective funds. As the Vice-President, you will provide leadership, management and coaching/development to a team responsible for withholding tax, tax reclaims, global tax support, tax reporting documentation and common and collective funds' tax filings. Additionally:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- You will review the status of non-resident shareholders' US tax documentation ensuring completeness and accuracy of withholding rates
- You will review and approve quarterly tax payments and tax reporting, reconcile tax deposits with IRS and file annual tax forms related to withholding tax
- You will lead the collection, validation and maintenance of client documentation to figure out eligibility for foreign tax reclaims
- You will coordinate filing of foreign tax reclaims with foreign authorities and payment of such reclaims to participants
- You will monitor and communicate domestic and global tax changes which impact SSGA products globally
- You will provide audit support for common and collective funds
- You will provide oversight of the preparation of annual tax return and client tax filings by independent audit firm, payments of European Union tax reclaims, annual FATCA, CRS compliance and self-certifications
- You will support Canadian pooled funds
- You will implement controls and process improvement opportunities
- You will perform global tax research and prepare written communications on tax issues affecting SSGA funds. (e.g., Withholding Tax & Capital Gains Tax)
- You will support the tax oversight of SSGA products globally to ensure accurate and efficient domestic and global tax implications for funds and investors
- You will liaise and oversee relationships with the tax division custodian of the SSGA investment products
- You will act as a global tax resource for investment operations, portfolio management, relationship managers and sales and product development
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- BA/BS in business, accounting, finance or related field
- Masters in Taxation and/or public accounting firm experience preferred
- 10-12 years of industry experience
- Strong people management skills and prior experience in a supervisory capacity with responsibility for mentoring and developing direct reports
- Internal controls and process improvement experience
- Excellent communication, social, organizational skills
- Ability to propose changes to processes, garner support and implement
- Confirmed ability to work independently and to effectively handle challenging priorities
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors Salary Range:
$110,000 - $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.