Vice President, Institutional Business Development
- AGF Investments Ltd.
- Boston, Massachusetts (US)
- Base salary + commission + bonus + benefits
- 13 Mar 2023
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Institutional Sales
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
As an independent and diversified global asset management firm, AGF brings a disciplined approach to delivering excellence in investment management and to providing an exceptional client experience. Being an independent firm has allowed us to make strategic acquisitions that improve our client service experience and enable us to offer new and innovative products, while enhancing our research capabilities. Our suite of diverse investment solutions extends globally to a wide range of clients, from individual investors and financial advisors to institutions, including pension plans, corporate plans, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, and foundations.
About the Role:
This position drives sales for AGF’s institutional and intermediary business in the United States. Prioritized investment strategies include Sustainable Investments, Liquid Alts, U.S. equities and Global/Emerging Markets equity strategies, and in due course, Private Markets strategies.
This position will ideally operate out of our Boston office in a hybrid setting but we are open to other US locations as well.
- Promote AGF’s investment strategies to financial intermediary home-office / manager research and due diligence teams across designated territories in the United States. Clients may invest in AGF strategies via segregated accounts, separate account / SMA models or Mutual Funds/ETFs.
- Meet sales and revenue targets building a strong pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Maximize the penetration and sales of AGF investment strategies via existing intermediary and platform clients, ensuring high awareness and strong positioning of AGF investment strategies by Registered Investment Advisors’s (RIAs) using those platforms.
- Expertly represent AGF’s investment strategies in prospect meetings, research meetings, finals and field presentations
- Guide new business wins through client onboarding processes.
- Collaborate with institutional team members in North America and globally, leveraging global investment consultant relationships as required, to advance new business opportunities.
- Actively seek out networking opportunities and represent AGF Investments at key industry and client events.
- Work closely with RFP/Client Service team to actively oversee RFP’s, data requests, and new business proposals in the designated territory.
- Work closely with AGF’s Marketing & Innovation team and Portfolio Specialists to develop effective marketing support for institutional/intermediary business development.
- Coordinate objectives and agendas for meetings involving AGF’s investment professionals.
- Utilize AGF’s CRM system to plan and record activities and identify/manage prospects.
- Good knowledge of the investment industry combined with 7-10 years investment experience. Minimum five years of marketing investment strategies / products to the institutional/intermediary marketplace in the United States.
- Experience of distributing both public and private market strategies.
- Experience/knowledge of the RIA, Family Office, Broker/Dealer or Institutional sales channels in the United States.
- A demonstrated and quantifiable track record of success in selling and building relationships within the intermediary / institutional marketplace in the United States
- Knowledge of the SMA/UMA marketplace and key custodial / TAMP platforms is desirable.
- High level of investment knowledge, market acumen and credibility within the institutional investor and consultant community.
- Deep existing client relationships with intermediary and institutional clients in the United States
- Strong research and analysis skills as well as understanding of institutional/intermediary market and technical buyers/influencers.
- Strong and proven communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to develop and execute sales-driven business plan.
- Undergraduate degree required; Masters/MBA degree or CFA designation or equivalents preferred.
- Series 7 and 63 licences required
- Knowledge of Salesforce, eVestment, MMD, Morningstar Direct is desirable
AGF is an equal opportunity employer. AGF welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process. It is the Company's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. AGF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable legislation.