We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with expert understanding of Data Warehouses, Postgres, Data Modeling Star Schema and Performance Tuning - Including various data engineering languages such as: SQL (stored proc functions), Python, and Shell. You must be comfortable with large scale enterprise data platforms, and ETL. Prefer 7-10 years + experience and excellent communication skills, previous lead experience. As Senior Data Engineer, you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Architect and Design Enterprise Data Warehouse, OLTP, and on S3 for other data/research platforms
- Provide technical leadership for logical data platform implementations with coding and design standards
- Data modeling experience for relational, dimensional, columnar and big data solutions
- Application of understanding of data architecture and implementation of processes to include best practices of governance and compliance
About State Street What we do.
- Experience in Tableau/Spotfire/Alteryx reporting against Data Warehouse is nice to have - reporting and dashboarding
- Administering and monitoring of data pipeline and Data Warehouse platform
- Implementation of High Availability, Disaster Recovery and conduct annual Disaster Recovery tests (backup and recovery, capacity planning, job scheduling, perf tuning and troubleshooting)
- Planning and performing/ leading upgrade, updates, migrations
- Experience in at least two Data Warehouse platforms
- Ability communicate to various stakeholders and document standards, presentations and diagrams
- Architect best practices , design patterns guiding operational management
- AWS stack - EMR, ec2, lambda, glue
- Skillset in AWS Redshift, Oracle, AWS RDS Aurora Postgres, Databricks, Snowflake, Data Pipeline, Postgres, Python, and Airflow
- Strong Unix skills
- Strong problem solving skills
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.