Associate Client Portfolio Manager- Municipal
- GW&K Investment Management
- Boston, Massachusetts (US)
- Commensurate with Experience
- 26 Jan 2023
- 25 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income, Relationship Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Finance - General
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Associate Client Portfolio Manager will partner with sales and client service in presenting GW&K’s municipal investment strategies to both existing and prospective clients. This role is responsible for serving as an investment strategy expert for the municipal team. Developing a deep knowledge of the firm's municipal investment strategies is a key component.
- Participate in strategy and investment meetings and serve as an integrated part of the municipal bond team.
- Partner with the distribution teams to support client service and business development efforts across channels (institutional, advisory, and private client).
- Present investment process, strategy performance, and market updates to current clients and prospects (in person and by phone) and our internal sales team.
- Serve as a resource to Portfolio Managers, Client Portfolio Managers, Relationship Managers, Marketing and Client Service, and Sales to build client relationships, retain assets, and resolve client issues.
- Support portfolio analysis, marketing due diligence, and other ad hoc requests from clients.
- Help prepare ongoing investment updates, investment commentary, and respond to client specific requests.
- Interface with internal sales team.
- Partner with the Marketing and Sales teams to develop creative marketing materials and presentations.
- Act as a resource for the Marketing team throughout the RFP process providing information and support on technical questions.
- Bachelor’s degree required and CFA or progress to CFA charter preferred.
- 5+ years of related industry experience with extensive fixed income and product knowledge
- Demonstrated client service or sales experience is required.
- Will be required to develop a comprehensive understanding of our Muni investment philosophy and process, knowledge of portfolio holdings, risk attributes, past and current positioning and performance attribution and analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present investment strategies to a wide range of clients.
- Self-motivated individual with the desire to collaboratively work with internal client service and sales teams.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and effectively communicate investment concepts.
- Team oriented individual with demonstrated ability to support others.
- Superb organizational skills and ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Some periodic travel may be required.