Investment Officer ‐ Private Equity
MassPRIM (Pension Reserves Investment Management Board), the $90+ billion Massachusetts state pension fund, is looking to add an Investment Officer to our growing Private Equity team. PRIM’s Private Equity program has received national recognition for its strong long-term investment performance and innovation.
The Investment Officer will contribute to a growing global portfolio of private equity buy out, growth equity, venture capital funds and direct investments, across a wide variety of industries. The Investment Officer will be a vital member of the Private Equity team responsible for monitoring existing managers, identifying, and researching new investment ideas, and leading investment research initiatives.
Investment Officer, Private Equity Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Source, evaluate, and perform investment and operational due diligence on new private equity fund and co-investment opportunities
- Utilize and enhance quantitative and qualitative tools and techniques in evaluating new private equity investment opportunities
- Lead private equity investment research projects
- Monitor existing managers by analyzing philosophy, process, organization, returns, risk, and cost
Investment Officer, Private Equity Qualifications
- Highly motivated and ethical individual
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in private equity research/investing
- CFA, CAIA and/or a relevant graduate degree preferred
- Ability to comprehend, synthesize, evaluate, and clearly communicate complex financial concepts and solutions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in a collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with MassPRIM stakeholders, Board, and Committee members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and take initiative in a small team environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and critical thinking skills
The Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board manages the assets (90+ billion) of the Pension Reserves Investment Trust Fund for public employee pension benefits on behalf of Massachusetts State Employees, Teachers, as well as participating retirement systems throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. PRIM’s mission is to generate strong risk-adjusted investment returns that help the Commonwealth meet its pensions obligations and alleviate taxpayer burden. PRIM’s highly experienced, professional investment staff seeks to maximize the return on investment with an acceptable level of risk by broadly diversifying the investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high-quality, innovative investment strategies.
It is the policy of Pension Reserves Management Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification