Who we are looking for
Under the supervision of the Vice President, the Assistant Vice President will be responsible for client financial reporting and related deliverables of various clients within Alternative Investments Financial Reporting. The candidate will be the primary point of contact for client(s), and will be responsible for implementing and supporting the service requirements of the various products serviced within the group. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Assistant Vice President you will
- Management of a diverse group of personnel including Senior Managers involved in the preparation of interim / annual financial statements for alternative investments products (Hedge, Private Equity, Real Estate & Exchange funds).
- Extensive experience managing complex relationships.
- Expertise in procedure reviews. Lead/Participate in various projects and initiatives to enhance and improve operational efficiency though technology and other means. Familiarity with recommending and implementing improvements to existing procedures, control expenses and minimize loss and risk.
- A skilled team leader with well-honed facilitation skills and the ability to plan, develop and deliver upon major initiatives in collaboration with clients and support teams.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong correspondence and verbal communication skills.
• Appreciation of fiduciary risks and responsibilities associated with fulfilling legal requirements.
- Experience in assisting with training and information updates.
- Sound professional judgment in evaluating when external consultation is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients effectively on non-standard transactions.
Involvement in new client presentations from an operational perspective What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience with IFRS, Irish, Luxembourg, U.K. and US GAAP
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Motivated self-starter able to work without close supervision.
- Team player.
- Flexible & positive attitude.
- Good organizational skills, administration and time management skills
- Good PC knowledge - hardware & software (specifically MS Office).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- University degree in finance, accounting, Economics or other with relevant experience
- Minimum of 4 years direct experience at a management level with alternative investment products and preferably 10 years industry experience.
- Demonstrated track record of managing client relationships with fund companies.
- Experience with alternative investments record keeping systems.
N/A About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$80,000 - $132,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.