The Senior Director, Advisor Development supports the strategy and implementation of the Advisor Consulting & Development program for the intermediary distribution channel at Columbia Threadneedle Investments.
The mission of the program is to be a valued partner bringing education, insights, and resources to financial advisors to better serve their clients and strengthen and grow their practices. Through this program we work directly with financial advisors; collaborate with home offices of wealth management firms to support certain key priorities; join forces with sales and national accounts team members to enable their client conversations and relationships; and partner across marketing to create, promote and deliver content through various marketing channels.
In this role, you will refine and shape the current focus areas and content of the program, assist in identifying themes and setting strategy for future development; research and manage subject matter experts and speakers; and design and implement an internally aligned go-to-market plan. You will be a thought leader within Columbia Threadneedle. Responsibilities
- Identify trends impacting financial advisors' practices, including topics such as financial wellness and planning; legal, regulatory and tax requirements; industry, competitive, social, and demographic drivers; technology and communications innovations; and business management practices.
- Help to assess and Evolve strategic focus areas for the Advisor Consulting & Development program, with an eye on what is critical today and what will be relevant over the long term.
- Source internal parties and external vendors and consultants to provide subject matter expertise; and manage business and contractual relationship with external parties.
- Partner closely with peers to deliver a consistent, holistic go-to-market plan for Advisor Consulting & Development program initiatives. Critical partners include:
- Advisor Consulting - for delivery of presentations, keynote addresses, workshops and 1x1 consulting with financial advisors.
- Program Marketing - to create and promote related content, positioning and messaging.
- Learning & Development - to train associates on delivery of content to financial advisors.
- Collaborate with distribution partners to understand internal and external client (financial advisor) needs and to execute the go-to-market strategy, with some travel required.
- Leverage original and third-party research to further understand and validate financial advisor needs.
- Oversee Continuing Education (CE) strategy, manage CE budget and relationship with CE provider.
- Educate and influence internal stakeholders on Advisor Consulting & Development program strategy, topics, and approach, to drive support and usage.
- Use data and metrics to assess results and continuously improve.
About Our Company
- Bachelor's degree
- 10-15 years financial services experience, ideally within asset or wealth management industry
- Leadership experience in advisor development or national accounts
- Strong leadership, strategy, and communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and perspectives effectively and with grace
- Demonstrated success in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to think strategically and effectively execute across the organization
- Strong communication and influencing skills
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.