We have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Manager-Public Communications at Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the asset management arm of Ameriprise Financial! This position will help to develop, implement, and manage public relations activities for Columbia Threadneedle in North America. As part of the public relations team, this position will work closely with business partners across the firm and an external public relations agency to deliver effective earned media coverage that drives awareness of Columbia Threadneedle and promotes its capabilities and thought leadership with key external audiences. Apply today! Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage media relations strategies and tactics (both proactive and reactive) in support of Columbia Threadneedle Investments in North America. Engage with the media, including but not limited to creating and driving impactful pitches, responding to and managing interview requests, distributing market commentary and thought leadership content, creating and maintaining media lists and working with a retained PR agency.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of press releases and other content in support of PR initiatives and business needs, including product launches, thought leadership campaigns and media events.
- Assist with media analysis and reporting and manage other initiatives, including industry awards and surveys.
- Build and maintain relationships with corporate communications/internal business partners and the media.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required 7-10 years relevant experience required.
- Crisis communications/issue management experience.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under pressure. Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to provide effective communications counsel to internal clients. Self-motivated, creative and an attention to detail. Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills.
*Active Series 7 or ability to acquire within 120 days. (Acquiring the Series 7 requires passing the Securities Industry Essentials exam plus the Series 7 top-off exam) Preferred Qualifications
About Our Company
- Strong attention to detail and a client-service mind-set.
- Experience with media monitoring and analytical software/tools
- Existing knowledge of, and relationships with, media outlets and journalists who cover investments, markets and asset management.
- Experience/understanding of the asset management and/or financial services industry.
- Experience working in a complex, regulated industry.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 650 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. New York Residents Only:
The estimated base salary for this role is $108,300 - $146,300 / year. Base salaries are determined in part based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and geographical work location. In addition, most of our roles are eligible for variable pay in the form of bonus, commissions, and/or long-term incentives depending on the role. We also have a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that support all aspects of your health and well-being.