Who are we looking for
The Automation, Analytics and Platform Services (AAPS) group is a horizontal business unit within State Street Global Markets ("SSGM"). It oversee three (3) core areas: Algorithmic Trading, Business Process Engineering, and Analytics and Automation across all Financing and Collateral products (Agent Lending, Enhanced Custody/Prime Brokerage, Sponsored Repo and Collateral +). This is a unique role, which has both execution and P&L oversight as well as far reaching strategic implications of core technical objectives.
State Street Global Markets (SSGM) seeks an executive to lead the AAPS organization globally. This individual will report directly to the Head of Financing and Collateral Solutions, work closely with the SSGM senior leadership team, and work collaboratively with cross-business and cross-organizational support functions (e.g., Technology, Treasury, Risk, Compliance and various Platform products) as well as various external strategic relationships. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
Develop and execute the strategy for a highly technical teams:
What we value
- Oversee three (3) core areas directly:
- Algorithmic Trading
- electronic trading, algorithmic pricing, inventory and financial resource optimization, platform distribution strategy, and workflow automation
- Business Process Engineering
- define business requirements, future state workflows and cross product synergies, support business adoption of new processes/applications, technology prioritization and vendor strategy
- Analytics and Optimization
- oversee platform optimization, quantitative analysis and cutting-edge research, prototyping emerging technologies, and distribution of core visualization tools benefiting both clients and internal stakeholders
- Delivers highly valued solutions to clients, ensuring comprehensive and consistent delivery of services as their needs evolve
- Works closely with senior executives to execute business unit strategy, product rollouts and a scalable technology-intensive operating framework
- Align our technical operating teams and ensure investments and priorities complement and drive our long-term business strategy
- Direct responsibility for our global technology footprint and our strategic future roadmap
- Create consistency of quantitative workflows, tools, and talent across our suite of products
- Creates a best-in-class governance culture that ensures compliance with applicable regulatory provisions, internal and external audit reviews and overall, risk controls
- Cultivate strategic relationships with key external relationships - clients, FinTechs, vendors, and other participants to ensure long-term success of our product roadmap
- Dynamic leaders that fosters a culture that encourages innovation and collaboration; effectively develop and motivate a high caliber team
- Exploration, cultivation and advancement of all FinTech partnerships; oversight of strategic investment decisions and relationship management of portfolio companies
- Represents State Street in key industry forums relating to financing, collateral and technology
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience running a global front office trading/financing team, oversight of technology investments and agile team management
- Comprehensive knowledge of market dynamics, technology architecture and markets related platforms
- Creative, outcome-driven influencer with demonstrated leadership and exceptional talent development capabilities
- Ability to lead, prioritize and execute on multiple, simultaneous priorities and initiatives
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with business leaders and technical teams alike
- Trading (finance, cash or synthetic) and experience with quantitative models is a must
- Minimum of 12-15 years of Financial Services/Technology/FinTech experience
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- MS in a quantitative discipline or CFA or similar preferred
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$235,000 - $246,250 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.